Cotriple

Standard Bore
Ride
R3 2020
Hello all. New member first post. Have a 2020 R3. Noticed the much mentioned oil leak from bolt on top front of engine. The thing is that it only started leaking after my 600 mile service. Oil overfilled?

WELCOME!! to our R3 Family Forum from Miami, FL... I've yet to adopt a new R3... but those who have will come along to answer your question shortly. Is this your first Triumph? Any photos? Enjoy your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Hello all. New member first post. Have a 2020 R3. Noticed the much mentioned oil leak from bolt on top front of engine. The thing is that it only started leaking after my 600 mile service. Oil overfilled?
Can you post a picture? I just had the 1 year service done on my R3 TFC and so I am curious what you are talking about.

Can you post a picture? I just had the 1 year service done on my R3 TFC and so I am curious what you are talking about.
Will post a pic. Notice that it only seems to leak after the ride and or when the kickstand is down.

Honestly best thing would be to speak to the dealer. They most likely have effed something up during the service. They are always rushing to finish the job in the least amount humanly possible and bill the most ("standard") hours of labor.
Call them, tell them bike is now leaking just after they effed with it, and take it back to them.
This is why I hate taking any of my bikes to service.

What would that indicate. And how the hell do I access that area?
if it was overfilled it could have sucked oil into the filter area
to my understanding it is sort of complicated and may be best to let the dealer do it especially if the were the ones that overfilled it.
if oil is in the filter it has two ways of getting out of there down into the throttle bodies or leak out.
maybe be sucked up by the filter material.

I too have developed an oil leak at the dreaded copper washer. It started immediately after my 1-year service; otherwise, it's been dry. The bike goes in next week. Hopefully, it's just an overfilling issue.

Back