oil filters@oil

FTL40

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket
I have used Amsoil and it seems no noise. I also fill oil filter up and then let it seep into the pleats then I add just a little more so as it does not come out when turned sideways, so as no dry starts. I also use the Triumph oil filter.

oil

just finished adapter mod. --where filter screws on --for oil cooler . may be overkill?? sending pic to g-man if anybody interested.--john

i have heard about people using shell rotella or other diesel engine oils in their motorcycles, usually because of an "assumed" cost savings.
the rotella i know is conventional oil, not semi or full synthetic, and has more detergents than you'll ever need or want, in a new gasoline engine.
why not use the correct oil, and a quality filter (you know that wix is a very budget minded filter) ? personally, i think you'd be money and some engine parts wear ahead) using the proper m/c oil, in the proper viscosity, with a quality filter. . . and just extending your oil change schedule to the manufacturers specs. just my .02 cents. :wink:

Also use the hiflo filter and Mobile One 4T, seems to work great.

928Oil_Filter-med.JPG

Back