dunno Jack, I wonder if there is a label somewhere that says where its made or by who.

for what its worth the ones they sell at wal mart look pretty close too, I checked one out while my wife was shopping the other day

Which bike did you buy it for Jack???

Just like the engine oil, I'm sure Trumpet have cornered the market and ensured 'one-fit's-all' sort of thing ain't going to apply to the R3 :twisted: I know with my FJR1300 that some patent filters will leak under pressure.

I hope our resident expert - Hombre - will be able to put us right about resistance/pressure and all the teckie stuff... :)

RocketSteve said:
Which bike did you buy it for Jack???

Just like the engine oil, I'm sure Trumpet have cornered the market and ensured 'one-fit's-all' sort of thing ain't going to apply to the R3 :twisted: I know with my FJR1300 that some patent filters will leak under pressure.

I hope our resident expert - Hombre - will be able to put us right about resistance/pressure and all the teckie stuff... :)

The filter is a dead ringer for the VTX filter. The Valk filter is longer and has a different pressure valve in it. I believe one is an 8 and the other an 11?

Jack G you are right the oil filter for the VTX and the Rocket are the same. I used the same filter for my VTX 1300, when I had it, as I did for the Rocket. I use a brand called hiflo, its made in England, and its half the price of the Honda or Triumph. I think I paid about $7 or $8 for it. Here's a link to a review of the filter. The filter number is HF-204

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/hiflo303.shtml

Back