oil change and how to do a search on forum

whatthe

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket3 GT
changed my oil yesterday put in 4.8 qts checked the level by the owners manual it was below the minimum mark so I put the rest of the last qt in and it barely went past the minimum. Are you guys going with more oil than the manual says? Also how do I do a search on this forum?

owners manual is 4.6 liters which converts to 4.85 qts. if going by the dipstick it looks like it could hold 5.5 qts

Here

Attachments

• R3 Oil Level.PNG
    R3 Oil Level.PNG
    66.8 KB · Views: 107
this is exactly what I have done. When I added the last four or five ozs. it brought the mark just a little past the minimum level. There is still a lot of space between the minimum level and the maximum level. So I am at 5 full qts with a possible half qt. to full qt. in the bike. Has anyone else experienced this?

this is exactly what I have done. When I added the last four or five ozs. it brought the mark just a little past the minimum level. There is still a lot of space between the minimum level and the maximum level. So I am at 5 full qts with a possible half qt. to full qt. in the bike. Has anyone else experienced this?
Just a thought, I followed the instructions for measurement, but missed a critical few words... so I had my bike vertical on my lift with the front wheel chocked and it showed minimum on the dipstick, once I read it again and put it on the sidestand it was slightly over... don't suppose you have the same blind spot as me?

Just a thought, I followed the instructions for measurement, but missed a critical few words... so I had my bike vertical on my lift with the front wheel chocked and it showed minimum on the dipstick, once I read it again and put it on the sidestand it was slightly over... don't suppose you have the same blind spot as me?
oil was measured on side stand. Did you stick with 4.6 liters or did you add more?

It's a Dry sump ,check it just as the manual states, if you don't you risk overfilling.

In the middle of the hash is perfect And where you want it.

Yes, my 2020 R3GT in for second service 4,500 miles. It took an extra 1.5ltr to reach the bottom of the dip stick. Seems Triumph are aware there is possibly a seal omitted on assembly and the oil is transferring into a void in the engine where there is normally no oil. I left it with the dealer to fix under warranty.

Back