Oh Crap!! Limp Home Mode??

tdragger

Living Legend
Arrived at a client site 60 miles from home on my 06 Std Roc this morning. Performed a slow speed right turn into a parking slot. As I got the bars to the far right stop, the engine started sputtering and idle dropped to just a couple of hundred RPMs. After rolling to a stop, it sputterred a little more and when I attempted to give it gas, it died. On restart it sputtered at a 200-300 RPM and died when I tried to give it gas.

Does this describe the "Limp Home" that the ECU will go into? If so, is it really possible to ride it home?

I think the limp mode should run stronger than that. Check all of your cable and controls and the ignition switch since you were making a turn. Also check the blade connectors on the coils under the right side of the fuel tank. Pull the seat check the battery cables and fuses.

Thanks. I made it home ok today despite getting soaked in a pop-up thunderstorm. The bike ran just fine. I either pulled a connection loose on the hard right turn or got some bad gas this morning. It would make sense that water in the gas would settle to the bottom of the tank while I was moving at low speed through the parking lot. The hard right turn may have picked it up in the fuel line. I don't know. I'll check connections this weekend.

Did I see you at the McDonald's on 301 2 miles before MD @ 7:30 this am? I was that bad MF'r on the ugly ZZR. :)

You're asking if I've noticed anything before my first cup of coffee at work? Not a chance. :cool:

You need to stand up on your seat or something else next time.

I stop there just about every morning that I have to visit my client over in MD. There were a lot of tourers heading south this morning. I wonder what's happening.

Back