OEM Exhaust converted to 3 in 1

Maximo

.020 Over
Ride
2014 R3r
Anyone considered or tried converting the '09 and newer Roadster OEM exhaust to a 3:1 system utilizing the right side muffler? Seems pretty simple to simply connect the header to the right side pipe with a short piece. Eliminates the left side muffler and the cat too. Somehow gut out the muffler a bit for better flow. Any ideas?

Anyone considered or tried converting the '09 and newer Roadster OEM exhaust to a 3:1 system utilizing the right side muffler? Seems pretty simple to simply connect the header to the right side pipe with a short piece. Eliminates the left side muffler and the cat too. Somehow gut out the muffler a bit for better flow. Any ideas?
Well I'm not sure of the year models, but the newer ones have the CAT's in the muffler itself, so you would only be eliminating one of the 2 CAT's?
I'm getting ready to try a single TOR"S on one side just to see what changes? Sound/power?

Basically speaking, what do you want?
I have a bike in the work shop and all the different combinations, stock header, two and three pipe CATs/crossover pipes.Touring Mufflers, Roadster Mufflers and the three pre Roadster mufflers.
I can set up any combination you want and build accordingly.

IMG_1139.JPG

I have a bike in the work shop and all the different combinations, stock header, two and three pipe CATs/crossover pipes.Touring Mufflers, Roadster Mufflers and the three pre Roadster mufflers.

IMG_1139.JPG
Thanks Paul- Could you verify the feasibility of utilizing the right side muffler. Does it have a cat inside (as rocket3pilot suggested) and could it be gutted to improve flow? Maybe cut off the end cap or?? Then would just need to fit up a mid pipe to connect header to muffler. About a 12" piece. Bad idea?

The stock Roadster muffler does have the CATs in them at the inlet end as Rocket3pilot has said, he knows, he has gutted them and wrote an article about doing this. Search "Skinning a cat"

So you want to use the stock header and the stock (gutted) Roadster muffler ?
No problem.

The muffler above is a replacement "straight through" Touring model one, this to match up to my header that the Customer already has.

IMG_1150.JPG

The stock Roadster muffler does have the CATs in them at the inlet end as Rocket3pilot has said, he knows, he has gutted them and wrote an article about doing this. Search "Skinning a cat"

So you want to use the stock header and the stock (gutted) Roadster muffler ?
No problem.

The muffler above is a replacement "straight through" Touring model one, this to match up to my header that the Customer already has.

IMG_1150.JPG
WHY do you want a pontoon on the exhaust ?

IMG_1139.JPG
OMG cant you find a bigger one WOW

Back