Ocean City Bike Week (Delmarva)

HellFire

Legend
Am I the only one here going to Ocean City MD for Delmarva Bike Week? It's a huge event spread all over Ocean City. I've been the last three years and have never seen another R3 and very few Triumphs.
You guys with nothing to do ... like me ... should consider it if within a few hours ride of it. Since it's Ocean City there is always available rooms or camp sites, it's like going to Vail CO in the off season, space is cheap.

Sept. 15th-19th are the event dates ... I'll be there the 14th-20th with a small group of railroaders from MD/DE/PA/NJ.

So if you make it at the last minute drop me a line, I'll check in once in awhile with some photo's if I see anything interesting.

Diddo FOR OC

I go every year;) stay for weeks this is getting to be the time of year I like riding WINTER lol, I hat summer heat!!!

My last post here evidently didn't survive the meltdown ....

I wanted to let those who might make it to Ocean City this coming week that I'll be around mostly between the Fenwick Inn and the south end of the strip. I've also changed my triple filter pre-filter covers to yellow so I'll be easy to recognize. I usually wear the black covers since they tend to get dirty so easily, but yellow stands out. Black bike with three yellow filters, should be an uncommon combination. LOL

I'll be there wednsday evening until monday morning, so maybe I'll see another R3 for a change?

The yellow should make it easier to find me down there ....
And it probably will have a "FOR SALE" sign in the window too. :(

I am planning on getting down there on Friday. I'll keep a lookout for you.

What crazy weather ... had a water spout a few hundred yards off shore that turned into a small tornado just off the ground when it came ashore. Did a little damage to some cars and hotels but was over in minutes. We had just stopped back at the hotel and parked under the building when the sh!t hit the fan. Torrential rain, wind and some hail that flooded the street out front. But it all lasted only about 30 minutes and the sun came back out. Temps are perfect now and cant wait to ride in the cool weather tomorrow, should be sunny the rest of the weekend.

Trailer queens make me sick! LOL
But I got a good laugh when they all got caught out in the storm during the 2 hours a year their bikes are actually outdoors. HA :p

..well, how was it?....see any Harleys?..:D..
Ya know ... I did actually see a couple of hardly's while cruising the main street, but most of them were on trailers. The lousy queens!! :rolleyes:

Since it rained a good part of the time, I got to really play with new BFG G-force 225/55 rear tire and Avon Cobra up front. The boys made me ride in the caboose because the BFG threw so much water.

I only saw one R3 down there, It was a two tone blue Touring model. He must have been staying at the Fennwick hotel where I was but I only saw it once. Just about everywhere we went there was a small crowd around looking her over when we came out to leave the bar. And of course there was "that guy" with a V-max, I hate those posers. He asked how fast it was and quarter mile times. Since I had run it at Cecil County Raceway last year I told him after I got used to the start line launch she ran the best time of 10.8. The next thing out of his pie hole was "I got you beat, the V-max runs 10.4". So I asked where he goes to race and he said "Oh I don't race, the Cycle magazine said it runs 10.4". I suggested we could get together out of town and see how they compare and of course he says he didn't bring it, they came down in a car. :roll:
It never fails, there's always that guy who's bike is faster but didn't bring it ... and it's always a V-max owner who claims 1/4 mile time set by a professional rider he reads from a magazine. lol What kind of guy goes to bike week and leaves his at home then proceeds to bench race? Those types and the ones that ask it it's a Boss Hog really try my patients. :mad:

Overall it was a good time but this year the attendance was a little low compared to prior ones, might have been the weather scared off a few. I didn't take but a few pictures since I don't photograph harley's. The weather was a little chilly so I never saw any hot chicks in bikini's or wet t-shirt contests.

The bike ran great, never missed a beat as usual and actually got pretty good gas mileage. It might have been because I was always following a group of Hardly's who obey the speed limits and think their ear splitting exhaust makes them fast.
Riding like that I got 100 miles on 3.5 gallons of gas, 28.57 MPG wasn't too bad considering I still had to pull a few wheelies and jack rabbit take off's when I had the chance ... you know how it is.

I spent the week in Kentucky and after over 1,700 miles did not see one other Rocket. Bardstown was wall to wall hardleys at the Bourbon Fest. Did see one sweet old school Triumph Chopper. Saw hundreds of bikes headed west from Delmarva as we were headed east to Pa. Glad I missed it again this year.

Back