OBII Diagnostic

Wadejesu

Supercharged
Ride
R3 TFC #391
I noticed R3 has an OBII port, which would seem easy to find a scan tool or other, Do other Triumph's, models, have this? Anybody know of any after market units?

Don't quote me on this, but I was told that starting this year or next all bikes sold in the U.S. have to have their ECU accessible via OBDII port. Prior to this Triumph was one of the few, if not the only, brand to have the OBDII standard, the other brands all had their unique plug.
I've read that KTM is getting around this by building an adaptor that plugs an OBDII port into their standard plug, so I'm not sure what, if anything, the end consumer gains in that scenario.

That makes sense, Some of today's universal scanners come with 18 adaptors, BTW Tuneecu doesn't have 2500cc tool yet.

I think that just about every bike today has an IBDII port. There are many options for cellphone apps to scan, but the best is TuneECU.
The 2500 cc Rocket is not on the list of bikes supported on Tuneecu.net.

The 2500 cc Rocket is not on the list of bikes supported on Tuneecu.net.
Dealertool.co.uk says it works with the new Rocket. It connects with their cable, reads the sensors and presumably does tests. It doesn’t load maps. It costs about $100 US. I got it to balance the throttle bodies before TuneECU came out for the T120.

That makes sense, Some of today's universal scanners come with 18 adaptors, BTW Tuneecu doesn't have 2500cc tool yet.
Unless we're VERY VERY LUCKY - my understanding is that EURO5 bikes are VERY locked down. It will depend to no small degree what ECU Triumph has used as tho whether Alain has any chance of getting TuneECU to reflash. But count on it being the paid version if so.

Diagnostics will be something else. If it is Bonafide OBDII - than pretty much any scantool will work. It won't take long for any mfr-specific PID's to become known.

Back