Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
If you remove the O2 sensor because your tune does not use it, will it cause a code? I talking about if you actually unhook it, plug the opening and actually take it off the bike.

My understanding is...if you leave it on the bike unused, it will deteriorate and go bad if not removed.

Anyone ever put a wide band sensor and AFR gage on their touring?

Last edited:
Once it’s unchecked in the tune it doesn’t “exist” therefore you can unscrew and plug.

I tie wrapped mine behind the plate above so I didn’t have to worry about wiring plus it’s there if in the future you decide to reinstate.

Once it’s unchecked in the tune it doesn’t “exist” therefore you can unscrew and plug.

I tie wrapped mine behind the plate above so I didn’t have to worry about wiring plus it’s there if in the future you decide to reinstate.

Yes, I’ve read if not active and in situ it will deteriorate so best to remove.

Both mine are shut off in the tune and a bung plug installed. No error codes no bypass. I think the bypass is ok but was really for the ones you can not get in the ecu. Either wsy works. If you have access to the ecu why waste money. As adding a wide band sensor ive ran them on two of my rockets not touring but other then it being harder to lift the tank and seat I can't see where its any harder to install. There are two basic differences in wide band systems. One just show you tje A/F ratio, the other records which means it will be also monitoring throttle position and rpm.

7E77F637-01B6-48E1-A327-3DA67E6FDF6B.jpeg
Loads of sellers on eBay

Back