Well....fried in butter, spam is pretty tasty.....salty, but if you are used to salty food it's quite good. There are corners of the nation where this is daily fare. Of course we could wax philosophic about oh......haggis. Which I would be happy to try.

Spam heists in Hawaii prompt retailers to put the wildly popular canned meat in locked cases

QUOTE]

Spam (food) - Wikipedia

Disgusting and major cause of massive obesity in Pacific Islanders. They have varieties not found elsewhere and even Burger King and sushi restaurants use it in Hawaii and Guam.

Serving size below is less than a third of a can.

Net weight per package: 340 grams (12 oz.)
Serving size: 100g
Quantity per 100g
Energy 1,300 kJ (310 Calories or kilocalories)
Protein 13g (26% Daily Value or DV)
Total Fat 27g (41% DV)
  – saturated fat 10g (49% DV)
Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV)
Sodium 1369 mg (57% DV)
Cholesterol 70 mg (23% DV)
Vitamins and Minerals (% DV) 1% Vitamin C, 1% Calcium, 5% Iron,
3% Magnesium, 9% Potassium, 12% Zinc,
and 5% Copper

Varieties[edit]
As listed on the official Spam website, there are numerous different flavors of Spam products, including:

• Spam Classic – original flavor
  • Spam Hot & Spicy – with Tabasco flavor
  • Jalapeño Spam
  • Spam with Black Pepper
  • Spam Low Sodium – "25% less sodium"
  • Spam Lite – "33% fewer calories, 25% less sodium, and 50% less fat" – made from pork with ham, and mechanically separated chicken
  • Spam Oven Roasted Turkey
  • Spam Hickory Smoked
  • Spam Spread – "if you're a spreader, not a slicer ... just like Spam Classic, but in a spreadable form"
  • Spam Bacon
  • Spam Cheese
  • Spam Garlic
  • Spam Teriyaki
  • Spam Chorizo
  • Spam Boricua – seasoned Puerto Rican-style flavor
  • Spam Macadamia Nuts – Partnered with Hamakua Plantation
  • Spam Turkey
  • Spam Tocino
  • Spam Portuguese Sausage

I was at a all spam party in July! Everything they made had spam in it. Everythings edible when cook correctly!! It all tasted good to me! A couple of dishes were even excellent!! Spit and ham is good!!

who the **** would even eat spam but these people are stealing the stuff.
Probably the same folk who deep fry Mars Bars in batter.

In Germany Fleishkäse (meat-cheese) is hugely popular. And when we first returned to the UK - my mum gave us SPAM fritters with beans (was cheaper than sausages). Been a while - but I feel I must try again.

spam.jpg
During Chuseok ( a harvest festival) in Korea, I was ...er... somewhat surprised... to see people give each other Spam gift packs. I kid you not.
Spam spam ... spam... spam o_O

spam.jpg
During Chuseok ( a harvest festival) in Korea, I was ...er... somewhat surprised... to see people give each other Spam gift packs. I kid you not.
Spam spam ... spam... spam o_O
Like you would need any more oil and fat with it:(:sick::sick::sick:
Apparently a Korean dish is a big thing in Hawaii as well. Yum Yum!

Korean Spam stew called 'budae jjigae' which means 'Army Stew'

Last edited:
Back