Not Rocket related, but you guys have always given good tech advice...

MikeDeY

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster
So I picked up a 2007 Speed Triple for a super low price. Issue is that it cranks but won't start. Got it home, plugged it in to TuneECU. Codes P0351, P0352, P0353 popped up and stayed up. Ignition coil 1,2,3 faults. I've also heard these years have stator issues. Any help would be appreciated.

I once heard you get what you paid for...

Sounds like an excellent winter project even if you are not in a winter wonderland.

My son got his R6 that way when he was stationed in the 24ID from a little lady selling her ex-husband's bike. He got a better deal though and only had to replace tires.

I once heard you get what you paid for...

Sounds like an excellent winter project even if you are not in a winter wonderland.

My son got his R6 that way when he was stationed in the 24ID from a little lady selling her ex-husband's bike. He got a better deal though and only had to replace tires.

I paid 1250 for it. Has brand new tires, 6K miles... it was too good to pass up, even if I have to do some troubleshooting.

Update on this:

Bike won't crank. When I push the start button, the starter solenoid clicks once then the bike resets. All gauges and lights turn on, I get no trouble codes. Has a new battery.

Harley did the same thing, checked ground wires and then stater which was fried. Replaced voltage regulator at the same time. Have not had a problem since then.

There's no difference in voltage when using the negative post verses any bolt on the engine. Hrm. And the stator looks fine... But how do I check that without the bike running?

Back