Not Rocket related, but I trust you guys more than any other forum...

MikeDeY

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster
So someone tried to steal my R1 the other day, that I have only liability on because I refuse to pay $300 a month for full coverage insurance. They damaged the upper triple clamp, which I've ordered a new one of, and the left fork tube. I'll attach the pictures. My question is: is she safe to ride with the fork, or should I garage her until I replace it?
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG

Moving parts are usually lower down in fork tube, if you hit the brakes standing still can you depress it without it hanging up or making noises. I would say you are ok, go slow around the block, then side roads before balls to the wall...

As the damaged to your fork tube is between the two triple clamps I would feel safe riding the bike. Given the short span between the two clamps it will not bent. From personal experience I known that when I crashed my FJR1300 both front forks bent way back but the tubes between the two clamps were still fine. The leverage factor will always bend the fork tubes below the triple clamps. You need a better parking space for you bike!

She sleeps in my living room now! I'd bring the R3 inside, too... but she wont fit thru the door. So she gets to stay on the back porch.

Over three hundred dollars a month for full coverage? That's a lot I only spend something like $42 per month, insurance must be pretty expensive on the islands. Hope everything is fixed to you satisfaction.

Ah bro that ****ing sucks. That is exactly what scares me about having two bikes in my driveway... At least they didn't get the bike!

As far as riding it, I agree with Rockethead, take it for an easy ride and see if anything feels wrong in anyway, if not I would progressively get a bit more and more aggresive. Chances are you won't have any issues though.

We should really go Rocketing at some point, two rockets in once place on Oahu might be frowned upon by the HD guys though lol.

Ah bro that ****ing sucks. That is exactly what scares me about having two bikes in my driveway... At least they didn't get the bike!

As far as riding it, I agree with Rockethead, take it for an easy ride and see if anything feels wrong in anyway, if not I would progressively get a bit more and more aggresive. Chances are you won't have any issues though.

We should really go Rocketing at some point, two rockets in once place on Oahu might be frowned upon by the HD guys though lol.
I'm down for it. I'm pretty tired of all these Hardley dudes thinking they're Billy-badass on their 85 HP mortgage payments.
I'm hoping to have the Rocket running and registered by around May. I have some work to do on it, first.

Cool man. If you need another pair of hands wrenching just hit me up. I agree about the HDs lol, always trying to get me to race with the wife on the back, but not once has anyone tried when I'm alone.

Mike, what happened to the rocket? Did it get damaged in the move? Glad you made it safely to Hawaii. Now go buy some electrical fencing attached it to your bike with a silent alarm and electrocute the sh*t out of those f'ers if they come back! ;)

Back