Not new to the Rocket perse, but new to mine.

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I wanted to try a front mudflap to cut down on the amount of time spent cleaning the front of the engine. This is my approach.

IMG_0094.jpg

I posted some photos on the process in my album.

As you may recall during the 070707 Smashville Raid I had a leather flap affixed. It surely does eliminate a lot of tar bits and grime in general from getting glued to the front of the engine. Here's another candidate for Flipmeister Specialty add-on ;) I very much like the longer skirts on the new 08 Touring. Then there are those that would prefer to flirt and lift their skirts :D I think that is a Brian quote on this site.

Last edited:
Hey xhdskip, if you look at my photo album, start with the one called "mylar template" & work through the photos in order, I tell of the steps I took to make the thought evolve.

I did all the work myself, except the actual leather cutout. Thanks to Russ at Bill's Saddlery here in good ol' St. Joseph, MO. I've seen a complete saddle he put together & it is truely a work of art. The man is talented in the field of leatherwork. His father started the business way back when & he is carrying on.

I could send anyone a flap for a low price if anyone else is interested.

See ya.

Back