Rhode Warrior

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I have to say after reading through all the threads regarding mods (appearance, performance, etc.), that I'm not tempted in the least to change this motorcycle and believe me, that's saying something. I'm one of those guys that can't leave anything stock but honestly I really love this bike as is. It's comfortable, has plenty of power, and looks great. I really don't want to do anything to it except ride it and I certainly don't want to affect the reliability or longevity of it. I modify all my cars and bikes, do 100% of the work myself including design. I do all my own metal and fiberglass fabrication, wiring, engine and all mechanical work, paint, polishing, and TIG welding and I'm very happy with the results. I just don't see that happening with my Rocket. That's a first for me.

I have a C5 Corvette and I've done heads, cam, long tube headers, 3" stainless exhaust, RPM stage IV transmission, cowl hoood, lowered, Bilstein shocks, etc, etc.

I have 454SS pickup, that wasn't good enough, I added an ATI Procharger with an intercooler.

I have a Kawasaki ZRX. Not good enough, I'm adding a turbo.

For example my 1982 CBX before and after.

My 1974 Kawasaki H2 2 stroke triple that I turned into an H2R replica before and after:

That H2 must sound like a demon and is fast as hell! Could you post a vid or sound clip of it running? Nothing sounds like the old two strokes..... They are just short of musical.

Rhode warrior,
I guarantee you'll change it.
I was the same, "it's fine the way it is".
Then I did ONE MOD, and my creative juices took over.
Couldn't stop and she's still being transformed.....
Good enough is never good enough, an stock ain't even close.;)

Rhode warrior,
I guarantee you'll change it.
I was the same, "it's fine the way it is".
Then I did ONE MOD, and my creative juices took over.
Couldn't stop and she's still being transformed.....
Good enough is never good enough, an stock ain't even close.;)

I know, it always seems to start that way. :rolleyes:

That H2 must sound like a demon and is fast as hell! Could you post a vid or sound clip of it running? Nothing sounds like the old two strokes..... They are just short of musical.

Yeah, it sounds nice, I'm a big two stroke fan, but I have to tell you the legend is a little overblown. Yes, they were fast for the time but people really like to just talk about peak HP numbers and quote 1/4 mile times and the really fast ones are highly ported and are pretty much unrideable on the street. In reality the powerband is very peaky with little to no low end and everything coming on near the top. They're not very reliable, vibrate like a paint shaker and are actually kind of poorly designed. They require lots of maintenance too. They're just a simple piston port engine but for some reason I just like them. Mine has modern ignition, Mikuni VM345 round slide carbs, and chambers and I would still like to have more power from it.

After riding and owning a Rocket III you would be very disappointed, not only with the engine, but the handling and braking as well. They're the polar opposite of a Rocket as far as the engines are concerned. I've taken care of both pretty much on mine, but the stockers are lousy riders. To me, it's just a toy that I like to own. It's a little piece of motorcycle history and I'll probably always own one or two, but mostly just to play around with. My CBX is a different story though. That bike is a blast to ride.

Here's a low quality video of the H2.

Link Removed

Back