thefothclan

Standard Bore
Ride
05 Rocket III
I'm new here, but I have a question. My Rocket is an 05, with TOR/K&N, all emissions removed and a custom tune that has given me 141hp/157ftlbs. Redline has been increased to 7250. I am considering the following:
1) Carpenter Silver Back 240+
2) TTS Supercharger with Intercooler
3) 2 Stage Dry NOS

I am leaning towards the NOS for the following:
1) Cheaper 2K vs 6K
2) Bike is crazy fast up to 100mph, takes most ****** rockets
3) Have had bike to 145mph at 6500 rpm
4) Only need boost over 100MPH to keep ahead of the ****** rockets

Any ideas or possible issues that I'll need to look out for with using a Dry Shot to the airbox NOS Kit?
Thanks, Big Mike

okay this post answeredf my question, must be some pretty slow sports bike you are going up against or they do not know how to handle them, a gxsr , busa or most top end sport bikes will and do leave the rocket standing above 100mph nos will help for a wee bit but the rocket is as aerodynamic as a brick which seriously limits the top end speed.

I'm new here, but I have a question. My Rocket is an 05, with TOR/K&N, all emissions removed and a custom tune that has given me 141hp/157ftlbs. Redline has been increased to 7250. I am considering the following:
1) Carpenter Silver Back 240+
2) TTS Supercharger with Intercooler
3) 2 Stage Dry NOS

I am leaning towards the NOS for the following:
1) Cheaper 2K vs 6K
2) Bike is crazy fast up to 100mph, takes most ****** rockets
3) Have had bike to 145mph at 6500 rpm
4) Only need boost over 100MPH to keep ahead of the ****** rockets

Any ideas or possible issues that I'll need to look out for with using a Dry Shot to the airbox NOS Kit?
Thanks, Big Mike

was 145 mph in 4th gear 5th gear should be more like 165 mph @ 6500 rpm

okay this post answeredf my question, must be some pretty slow sports bike you are going up against or they do not know how to handle them, a gxsr , busa or most top end sport bikes will and do leave the rocket standing above 100mph nos will help for a wee bit but the rocket is as aerodynamic as a brick which seriously limits the top end speed.

Speedometer read 145, 5th Gear, 6500 RPM, when I had it Dyno'ed it got to 171 @ 7250 rpm, but there is no wind on the Dyno. I haven't gone up against any Busas or ZX-14s.
I guess most riders don't know how to launch!! Advantage---> Old Man

This was my first attempt at NOS on a Rocket111, I had 2 x fogger nozzles mounted across the intake tube to the plenum. It was good for a 80HP boost to the bike.

My second attempt was far superior, and each injector trumpet had its own fogger nozzle mounted just below the main fuel injector. This was far more tractable and reliable for a 100HP hit when requested. The main trouble with such a hit is the rear tyre (Bike tyre) has no hope of maintaing traction, hence the soft compound car tyre.

The only problem with the above set up was when you did get traction, it would stand up so fast you would nearly flip it at 160KMPH. Not a good look, but heaps of fun.

It was funny to get the launch on jappa's up to 200-250m then when they starting catching you up, you would hit the titt and all hell would break loose. Nothing like accelerating away from a screaming jap bike with the back tyre smoking and blue flame pouring from the pipes.

No wonder they call this stuff giggle juice.

Good luck and make sure you have some who knows what they are doing install and tune your set up.

Regards Lofty

Back