Paul Bryant

Living Legend
Ride
2006 Rocket
Here's another of the one off specials that I get to build.
This is my "Big Bore" (For a 750) header pipe and a special pair of mufflers for a 1974 T150 Trident.
These photos show this bare metal, polished ready to go out to the chrome shop.
This system will be Black Chromed.

IMG_0944.JPG

This top part of the pipe has seven separate components welded together.

IMG_0947.JPG

Work of Art as Always:thumbsup:
Might have to see what you can build for the Explorer mmmm bigger OD tube header maybe can you do Stainless Steel

Work of Art as Always:thumbsup:
Might have to see what you can build for the Explorer mmmm bigger OD tube header maybe can you do Stainless Steel

I have, in the past done a lot of Stainless work Hans, but I don't have a T.I.G. unit so don't do any Stainless work.
Will pass on anything for your new toy, I have too much on my plate as is.

Sculpture, a real work of art! The stock version was 2 into 1 on one side wasn't it?

As smaller pipes often have higher flow speeds but more overall restriction could this cause the centre to have different overall flow rates to the outer and are there any overall effects of this on engine?

I have, in the past done a lot of Stainless work Hans, but I don't have a T.I.G. unit so don't do any Stainless work.
Will pass on anything for your new toy, I have too much on my plate as is.
You could always come over for a break and use my Tig pay you by letting sleep have a on spare bed down stairs every second day and give you rations of bread and water:unsure:

As If:)

Here's another of the one off specials that I get to build.
This is my "Big Bore" (For a 750) header pipe and a special pair of mufflers for a 1974 T150 Trident.
These photos show this bare metal, polished ready to go out to the chrome shop.
This system will be Black Chromed.

IMG_0944.JPG

This top part of the pipe has seven separate components welded together.

IMG_0947.JPG
That is really rather lovely ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sculpture, a real work of art! The stock version was 2 into 1 on one side wasn't it?

As smaller pipes often have higher flow speeds but more overall restriction could this cause the centre to have different overall flow rates to the outer and are there any overall effects of this on engine?

Thanks Pete, The stock Manifold on the Trident (T150) and the (BSA) Rocket Three has outer pipes of 1¼" O.D. the two inner pipe are 1" O.D.
The stock down pipes are a measly 1 1/8" O.D.

!cid_0EBDE1BF6E274CEE9CF2C09E7D8B3105@PaulPC.jpg

!cid_4B836A1B42C943C2A14AF39B5E72FBAD@PaulPC.jpg

This "Big Bore" pipe has 1 3/8" O.D. tube from the head right through to the mufflers.
I still use the stock 1" O.D. tubes for the center cylinder as two of these combined still has more internal area than one 1 3/8" O.D. tube, so no flow restriction at that center port.

A.jpg

Back