Non return valve and oil drain down problem

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Here is something I don,t understand. I have the bottom sump off of my 2014 rocket with the non return valve removed and I have put oil in the tank, but the oil is not running out of the drilling that the non return valve fits into. I thought it would run straight out immediately.
The oil tank was draining completely within 3 days standing so this makes no sense to me.
Just one other curious thing, when I removed the sump and pulled out the non return valve it seemed to be jammed up and when I pulled it out the spring above it fell out and on replacing the valve into the drilling with the spring on top it now slides freely up and down. Could this valve have been sticking and cause the drain down?
As you can see I don't understand this situation as the drain down was a litre of oil per 24 hours and now with the sump off it appears not to run through from the tank.
Any comments would be welcome please.

Here is something I don,t understand. I have the bottom sump off of my 2014 rocket with the non return valve removed and I have put oil in the tank, but the oil is not running out of the drilling that the non return valve fits into. I thought it would run straight out immediately.
The oil tank was draining completely within 3 days standing so this makes no sense to me.
Just one other curious thing, when I removed the sump and pulled out the non return valve it seemed to be jammed up and when I pulled it out the spring above it fell out and on replacing the valve into the drilling with the spring on top it now slides freely up and down. Could this valve have been sticking and cause the drain down?
As you can see I don't understand this situation as the drain down was a litre of oil per 24 hours and now with the sump off it appears not to run through from the tank.
Any comments would be welcome please.
You're going to laugh. Below is the pocket in the sump pan that the non return valve sticks into. Next to it red arrow you will see the drain plug to the oil tank.
20200508_135244.jpg

You're going to laugh. Below is the pocket in the sump pan that the non return valve sticks into. Next to it red arrow you will see the drain plug to the oil tank.
20200508_135244.jpg
Seems a bit complex. I need to study this to understand it better.
Thanks for the picture again.

Back