Nology ignition coils

R34ME

.060 Over
They are the shiz and increase output to spark plugs for cleaner burn..............bloody expensive tho ;)

Always wondered, better coils & ht leads worth it? or any benifit over stock stuff on the R3??
if so whats recommended by those who've done such mods plz?)

I replaced my Trophy coils with the Nology coils and had great success. The Trophy didn't run well on just 2 cylinders. The coils bolt right in (same size as stock). The best coils I've ever used were Accel coils on a Yamaha XS1100SH which are higher output so you need to carefully match the heat range so you don't hole a piston. The standard spark energy Triumph uses is around 17000 vdc (if memeory serves). If you go to a 45000 vdc coil you can cause damage if your plugs are too hot. I use iridium plugs so I have'nt had any issues with spark. If the coils start to crap out I'll look at Nology again, but I may have to replace the plugs too.

Mine was 1999 Pacific Blue 1200. I put 44,000 miles on it before selling it to own the Rocket and the coils lasted the first 40,000. It took the dealer 2 weeks to run down the problem. Trophy uses a dual coil system (dual outputs each coil) and my problem was intermittent. A coil can (and did) have a broken wrap wire that makes contact cold but heats up and quits. The bike would idle fine run 50 feet and then lose all power and idle like it was missing a cylinder. I thought it might have been the ignition pick-up sensor on the timing plate (they're thought too) but after testing it was 100%. They replaced one coil and it ran great for a week (and $600). Then started up again. I replaced both coils with the Nology coils and no more problems.

Back