no trip to States for me next year

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
:( It is very sad for me to say this but with the uncertainity of what? when? is going to happen in the next 12 months with My Ann almost certainly needing Surgery on her back, I just can't make any plans. If the invitation is still there I would like to try for 2013 Magee Valley, I 'm really sorry as I was and still am really excited about getting over there and getting to know So many of you guys in person, this is hopefully just a postphonement. We are going to try another cortizone treatment and also seek alternative resolutions to her back problems but the Surgen is certain that the Operation is the only answer. I am hoping to prove him wrong as I did when they said that I would never be able to do physical work after breaking my back in two places (crushing one vertibrae) With a strict exercise and stretching regime I can lift things people half my age can't and with out painkillers, so I guess I'm going to put my Babe through "Boot Camp" and hopefully this time next year have tickets booked for the US of A, again sorry to all you guys that PM'ed me to encouraged me to come over with awesome friendly gestures, think as this as a postphonement only:cool:

Sorry to hear that mate; I know you've been looking forward to the trip. You'll get there I'm sure, when the time's right. Please give my best wishes to Ann.

Yeh mate , sure you'll get over there. Priorities hey.. health is more important than anything i am coming to learn. Best to you both.

You can get to America any time you want to, but look after Ann, nothing is more important, I know from my wife Denise's problems. Get her well Hanso, USA has been there a long time, it aint going anywhere soon, Of course these guys you are to meet up with are getting older best meet em before they dry up :D:D:D

Sorry about your wife's health problems, hope she gets well soon and you both come and visit before the world ends;)

Hanso,
I'm truly sorry you can't come for the next RAA,
but there'll be another,
so no big deal.
Take care of Ann, like I know you will.
Surgery tho, would be my last resort.
I'd try anything else first.
You're both in our prayers.
skip

Good luck dude. Exhaust options before surgical intervention becomes unavoidable. We've examined this topic previously. Hydrocortizone has only limited efficacy. Surgery is a mixed bag at best. I've had 10 procedures on various occasions for several injuries of widely varying magnitude; to date, about half of them have been completely successful. Some have had outcomes that are dubious at best. My back surgery was one of the latter. I'm still in constant pain from my lumbar region down the full length of my left leg and right to the tips of my toes. My left foot cramps up several times a day, every day. Not fun. All from massive sciatica. One source of pain among many others...this body is just one big party of short circuiting nerves and unrelenting pain. The surgeries have not cured me. Some have helped...but that is all. Less is sometimes more.

I will keep praying for the two of you.
As for the visit, whenever the time is right let us know and we will do our part. No pressure.
It doesnt have to be Maggie Valley and it doesnt have to be May.

That goes for all you foreigners.:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the Kind Thoughts All of you and Yes My Soul Mate my Very Special Lady ( she has to be to put up with me) and without a doubt the very most Important Person in My Life my Ann will always come before Anything else in the World:cool:
and there is always next year:)

Back