No start issue

Pinhead

.020 Over
Ride
05 rocket3
Hi I'm new to the rocket scene...and already stressing out..lol
My problem was when I turned key on my tach and speedo sweep and I hear the butterflies cycling on carbs and that's it....no fuel pump and start button did nothing...I cleaned the connection where the ignition connects to main harness and it cranked on 3 different tries. So I decided to see if I had spark ..sprayed starting fluid in throttle bodies went to crank it over and now I have no spark again....oh boy!! So wondering if Decosse keyless setup will help me rule out bad ignition problem....I've seen nothing but good comments about his setup......thanks

If you are not hearing the fuel pump prime then I would be looking at the relays and fuses. You didn't specify whether it will turn over or not. Since you're new to the rocket is side stand down so the safety switch is engaged. Much like you need to pull the clutch in for the clutch safety switch is engaged. Or are we talking a click and nothing turns over? Week battery or dirty cables do not allow much amperage to pass thru the cables.

If you are not hearing the fuel pump prime then I would be looking at the relays and fuses. You didn't specify whether it will turn over or not. Since you're new to the rocket is side stand down so the safety switch is engaged. Much like you need to pull the clutch in for the clutch safety switch is engaged. Or are we talking a click and nothing turns over? Week battery or dirty cables do not allow much amperage to pass thru the cables.
Thanks for the response....yeah ..I am getting fuel pump and sweeping gauges and headlights but it won't crank....I just replaced battery ground it it was hanging by a few strands where it mounts to back of Trans. And I found that the sidestand switch was froze up, I lubed it up and got it to pop out ....so hopefully that's functioning properly....gonna go through all connections next clean and dielectric grease ....is it OK to have the clutch switch wires twisted together to bypass switch at start up??

Pinhead... Many Rockets suffer from lack of power to crank. Bad connections at the starter, battery, relays starter solenoid or brushes. This is what finally cured mine. Expensive but cheaper than getting stranded of missing a day of riding.

image.jpg

Pinhead... Many Rockets suffer from lack of power to crank. Bad connections at the starter, battery, relays starter solenoid or brushes. This is what finally cured mine. Expensive but cheaper than getting stranded of missing a day of riding.

image.jpg
👍ok thanks....I'm gonna look that battery up now...almost afraid to see the price😯

Thanks for the response....yeah ..I am getting fuel pump and sweeping gauges and headlights but it won't crank....I just replaced battery ground it it was hanging by a few strands where it mounts to back of Trans. And I found that the sidestand switch was froze up, I lubed it up and got it to pop out ....so hopefully that's functioning properly....gonna go through all connections next clean and dielectric grease ....is it OK to have the clutch switch wires twisted together to bypass switch at start up??

Not a good idea but it is not necessary if the bike is in neutral then it does not matter if the sidestand is on or off it will still start.
If u twist them together then the motor will stop when u put it in gear.

Back