Macrider

I,m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.
Ride
2010 Triumph R3T Black "Darksider" imitation 70cc motorized "Harley Davidson" bicycle
On our way home this weekend from the Florida Keys (driving car) we stopped in at Daytona Bike week to check it out.
It was pretty amazing to see so many bikes and bikers.
I looked and looked but did not see even 1 Rocket among the thousands of bikes that were there.
I would have to say that it was 99% Harleys of every description with a small # of Jap bikes.
It was a good experience.
Did anyone from here go?

Thats one thing that I miss about my rocket is that is was very original. Enjoyed it very much. Got a good deal on my Suzuki C109 and its a nice bike, harley clone in looks but i really like the looks of Harleys also. Rockets are awesome original bikes.

The rarity is what got me interested in Triumph in the beginning the parallel twins are pretty rare to see on the road and then the Rocket is even rarer. I like having the only one like it when I go for a ride, the fact that's its the biggest and baddest cruiser on the road doesn't hurt much either. I went to a Street Vibrations in Reno a few months ago and was surprised to see one other rocket, a pretty red and white classic but that was it and there were very few Jap bikes.

I was there Thurs-Sat and saw 3 Rockets total if I include my own. Felt more like a Harley event then a Bike week. Sad but Triumph was absent from the event this year and I was told that they were boycotting the major events.... Interesting....:cool:

On our way home this weekend from the Florida Keys (driving car) we stopped in at Daytona Bike week to check it out.
It was pretty amazing to see so many bikes and bikers.
I looked and looked but did not see even 1 Rocket among the thousands of bikes that were there.
I would have to say that it was 99% Harleys of every description with a small # of Jap bikes.
It was a good experience.
Did anyone from here go?

I thought about going but passed. It is just down the road. I did go to the Gator Nationals drag racing. There were probably a couple of hundred bikes there. All lined up nice and pretty. 95% Harley. 4 % Gold wings 1% other. And one Rocket.

A lot of bikers left from Daytona and went straight to races. A lot of the same bikes with a lot of the same paint jobs.

I was admiring what I thought was a unique paint job on a Harley and telling the owner when I heard "nice paint" from another rider who was on the exact same bike with exact same paint. A chameleon paint job that changed color in the sun.

IF THE STEPFORD WIVES RODE MOTORCYCLES, THEY WOULD RIDE HARLEYS.

I'm not sure boycotting is the word. They didn't turn those shows into sales-not enough, anyway as I hear it.

Seems to me that Truimph does not market correctly in the U.S. Most red blooded Americans can't resist Big Power with Big Meaty Tires. Where does a prospective motorcycle owner find such information. He has to search for it. Won't see it TV. Most may not even know Triumph still pumps out bikes...Where are the Harley vs Rocket 3 videos on utube? Not that it would be a competitive match, but just saying. If Triumph wants to be big then they need to kick A$$ in a very public setting. If they don't show how can they win?:confused:

Back