No Pulsing power to coils

Hammer

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Hey Guys,

Figured I'd move my issue out of the introduction section and hopefully get some more feedback. I picked up the bike not running with really no information on its condition. I figured from the condition it was left in that it has a no spark issue.

I reassembled the bike from the condition that I received it and it had spark. Got the bike running on some ether, and it just kept running. Ran for like a minute until i remembered that I hadn't put coolant in the bike yet, so i shut it off with the kill switch. Lost spark after that. Regained it by some fluke one evening but it hasn't worked since.

I have swapped wiring harnesses, computer and put a new battery in it. Getting 12v power to the brown wire on the left side of the coil. Not getting any pulsing power to the green wire on the right side. Reads 80mv while cranking on the green wire. Ohm test on the coils is 1.8/2/2

My next plan of attack is to put the original wiring harness back in. I think its in better condition than the one I picked up off ebay and swapping it did nothing for me anyways. I'm going to spray each connector with some wd-40 as I've had good luck in past with wd-40 and electrical connections. I also plan to swap the stock coil wire spade connectors as I've read that they're garbage and notorious for producing failures. If the CPS is my culprit would it not flag a code?

Other than that, any further advice? Thanks to those who have already helped in my intro post.

Last edited:
Back