Want to Buy *NO LONGER NEEDED*Clutch Switch

Cherokeekid78

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
My switch broke recently. I have it bypassed right now to run the bike but I don't like my fuel gauge being inoperable. I know it comes as part of the entire switch assembly do in willing to buy that. However I really don't want to spend $160 just for the switch. Anybody got one they are willing to sell?

I had clutch switch problems but fix it by removing the switch, pulling the rubber cover back, then washed the switch in a vinegar salt mix to remove any corrosion, then washed it again in a bicarbonate water mix, blew it very dry and coated with electrical grease. No problems now.

I had clutch switch problems but fix it by removing the switch, pulling the rubber cover back, then washed the switch in a vinegar salt mix to remove any corrosion, then washed it again in a bicarbonate water mix, blew it very dry and coated with electrical grease. No problems now.
Mine is actually broken. The housing crime and the whole thing came out. I cut off the housing and spliced the wires together. Switch is now bypassed but my fuel gauge doesn't work.

Mine is actually broken. The housing crime and the whole thing came out. I cut off the housing and spliced the wires together. Switch is now bypassed but my fuel gauge doesn't work.
How is the clutch switch and fuel gauge related? I'd be surprised if they were connected in some way. But then again, it is a Triumph!
@DEcosse care to share some info? Just for my own sanity!

My '10 R3R fuel gauge does not work either and never has since I got my R3R well used.
It also had the clutch switch wires cut and spliced to bypass. We wired in a replacement clutch switch when we fitted a used early series deCOSSE keyless start but the fuel gauge still does not work despite a changed out fuel meter in the tank.

Therefore what do you know to confirm the fuel gauge failure is associated with the clutch switch bypass?

Worked perfectly fine before I cut the switch. Now after bypassing no longer works. I just assumed since the only change was cutting the switch the two were related.

Just replaced mine (or the mechanic did). Working well now. 2005 Rocket. I can mail it to you for the price of shipping (USPS), but it'll be yours, hopefully the difference in years isn't a problem . PM me,

Back