No instruments, no ignition

Pinky

.020 Over
Just went out to start the great beast and when I turn the key I get headlights but no instruments and no ignition. I checked all the fuses and the battery seems just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions

Well, this is the most embarassed I've been since the age of 15 :oops:
I re-installed my hippo hands last night so I couldn't see the kill switch.

[Skulking back to man-cave]

By the way: Thank you. I probably would have tried to troubleshoot the entire harness before I'd thought to check this. Note to self: never mess with Rocket pre-coffee.

Merry Christmas

You just made my morning! :lol: Thanks! :lol:

And ya know we've all done it! we just didn't post it up! :lol:

Dont worry pinky I did the same thing with my 02 speed triple once after I stopped at a shopping mall came back to bike and no go?, a guy with a pickup gave me a hand and towed me to my mum's place which wasn't far away, then phoned the wife to bring tools and a multimeter, took all the seat and rear cowls off looking for the reason headlight sparked up but no starter, after 30 mins testing relays and power supply you guessed it traced wiring to kill switch, inadvertantly knocked it at the mall car park, doh what a duffus. :oops: :roll:

thats alright when ever I have a crowd or some hot chicks around it always seems I click my SPrint ST into first with the kick stand still down and it dies.

Guys, thanks for the support. I was supposed to leave the house at oh-dark-thirty to get to the mall ahead of the crowds but stupidity intervened.

However, it did stop raining and I rode to the mall, finished up the shopping and got in a nice 90 minute ride to the mountains and home again. Apparently my beast forgave me.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2007.

Bob

The kill switch is a little trick we play on each other. We have monthly meetings for the cohcc and occasionally someone will flip the switch on somebodies bike. The look of shock and the words "what the F***" are priceless when they try starting the bike... :D

There are some folks I ride with that you have to watch. They’ll ride up next to you, reach over and hit your kill switch. Fun and games!

OOPS!!!!!!

"Well, this is the most embarassed I've been since the age of 15 :oops: "

Pinky:
Better you than I. :wink: Glad you got everything working. :D
Merry Christmas

Back