no horn, turn signals or brake light! Help!!

tdragger

Living Legend
Just finished installing the Rivco Ignition Switch Relocation Kit and buttoned up the Roc and gave her a wash. Saddled up for a shakedown cruise and discovered that I had no horn, turn signals or brake lights. Checked the fuses and all are fine. Headlights, both high and low beam, work just fine. The Roc starts and growls as usual.

Will the much more wise than I out there guide me to where to start looking? I can't imagine that water got into the turn signal switch housing but that is a possibility. Or do you think that I may have unplugged something behind the steering head? Last place that I can think of would be behind the lower left panel where the ignition switch was moved to. I had to push around a lot of wires in there. Help please!!

What does the brake light, horn and indicators have in common?

Check the orange green wire (position 9 on the ignition switch harness) There should also be a black/blue wire in that same spot, that one goes to the horn.
They both are fed by the orange wire to the fusebox (fuse 4)

So, if there is power in the orange, follow the green/orange wire.

If there is no power in the orange, check the fuse and the wire to the fusebox.

My guess would be that this connector just slipped off when you plugged the new harness.

Sorry MT, was up late putting everything back together. I followed the cables as you suggested and checked continuity at every connection and it all checked out. When I tried it out, the horn, signals and brake light functioned properly. At every stage of reassembly, I checked that they still worked. All seems well.

Either I didn't have a connection solidly put together or there was water in the handlebar switch from the wash. If it was a connection then I'm not concerned. However, if it was water then I am concerned about losing brake lights if I happen to get caught in the rain.

Thanks again for the help.

Back