Ugarte

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I was crossing a toll bridge today in my car and going through in the pre-paid fastrak lane and a Harley passes me on my left, the most quiet Harley I have ever seen, it almost seemed electric. Just before going through the sensors that read your fastrak monitor, or photograph your license plate, the Harley rider reaches back with his left hand and folds in his side mount license plate. He holds it there until he gets out of camera range, then lets it go back.

Very clever way to avoid a bridge toll. I guess the only way to get caught would be if a cop sees you doing it. Otherwise, since there is no front license plate, they are SOL.

I frequently use the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma.
The hassle to stop, remove gloves, dig into pockets, find money and pay is HUGE!
AND the darn toll was just raised to $6!!!
This "@Ugarte paymebt" method is sounding more and more interesting . . .

Could you not get an ez pass and put it somewhere with the bike? I hear you, I absolutely hate tolls on a bike, but I also know bikers are the first one to complain about ****ty roads. Can't really complain if we're not contributing to the fund? ;) that said, $6....is that for a car or motorcycle? Either way, it's obnoxious! :eek: I can see what the northern left and right corners of the U.S. Have in common ;) :D

I frequently use the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma.
The hassle to stop, remove gloves, dig into pockets, find money and pay is HUGE!
AND the darn toll was just raised to $6!!!
This "@Ugarte paymebt" method is sounding more and more interesting . . .

Ahh the Tacoma Narrows bridge, it has quite a history......

Could you not get an ez pass and put it somewhere with the bike? I hear you, I absolutely hate tolls on a bike, but I also know bikers are the first one to complain about ****ty roads. Can't really complain if we're not contributing to the fund? ;) that said, $6....is that for a car or motorcycle? Either way, it's obnoxious! :eek: I can see what the northern left and right corners of the U.S. Have in common ;) :D

You like tolls on other vehicles? Being from the south there are almost no toll roads, but driving a truck I have to pay them sometime. Last week I drove 136 miles on pa turnpike and paid $173.00 for the privilege. I HATE ALL TOLL ROADS!!!!

@Wannbe no I don't like them in any vehicle, but on a bike they're extremely inconvenient. I avoided them like the plague when I lived in the northeast. You're right it's outrageous! I think southern jersey to Baltimore in a car is around $30 one way now! Ridiculous, particularly since our federal tax money is supposed to already pay for interstate transportation road costs! But since our crooks of congressman steal everything, they've reappropriated those taxes to support social welfare programs! This we get to pay twice for road maintenance!

Back