NewR3,Easy start headlight control module

Gary1945

.040 Over
NewR3 website shows the easy start headlight control module. This I would think would stop the extra voltage going through the start button. Anyone here have one installed? I know there is a relay setup with inline fuse to keep the start button from burning out and I am wondering if this also would keep that from happening. Also it lets you start your bike without any headlight burning and its a wire harness that plugs in,no soldering or adding a inline fuse to do it. LMK if you can. Thanks.,,this is all new to me thats why Im asking.

The Standard, Classic and Roadster already have a starter relay that cuts off the headlights when the starter button is pressed. The description in the ad is not how the Rocket headlight/starter circut works. When you turn the key on the lights come on. Then when you press the starter button, the relay activates to cut power to the headlights and divert the energy to the starter. When you release the starter button the relay resets to its normal state which cuts power to the starter and re-energizes the headlights.

It seems that all this kit will do is simply an on/off switch for the headlights. Useful for when you are uploading/downloading tunes to the ECU but not much else. I do like how it activates.

One of our local Captains had a cut-off switch on his bike. About every other time we headed out from a stop we would have to get his attention to turn his **** headlights on.

This kit does nothing to resolve the ignition switch issue, btw.

tdragger,thanks much for the good info,it saves me some cash then. What Id like to see and know how to do is add that ignition switch fix your mentioning. I don't have a service manual to work with so any pics or good info on how to do that would be well appreciated by me for sure.

tdragger,thanks much for the good info,it saves me some cash then. What Id like to see and know how to do is add that ignition switch fix your mentioning. I don't have a service manual to work with so any pics or good info on how to do that would be well appreciated by me for sure.

I installed the head lamp relay on mine. Super easy job. Good instructions come with the kits. Do it!

muleskinner I have many 5 post 30amp relays and plenty of new wire and fuse holders of both the old round and small spade type too. If I could get my hands on the instructions Im sure I could do it. If not where do they sell the proper kit for the R3R. thanks and please LMK.

Gary, I haven't forgotten your following post, so won't be offering any helpful advise other than advising you to remain silent and do some site searches for the info you want.
Parentheses mine.

Well gentleman,we did it,he (hellfire) got his $40 bucks for shp and I rec my parts today. You all seem to have one opinion and your allowed that. I also have one opinion, to me he (hellfire) is a thief,legal though becauseI paid it. $40 for $16.79 shp cost for 17 lbs max,uninsured mail too. Good bye.

my R3 is a Nov. 07 but first registered Jan. 09. It was recalled late last year by the Triumph dealer who sold it as part of a recall to fix the ignition cut out problem.
Is this a different problem to the one you're discussing? Incidently my headlights are really bright.

Last edited:
Back