Newbie Questions about the R3T

mcather

Supercharged
Ride
08 GL1800, 13 R3T, 80 LTD 1000, 70 BSA Lightning
Hey Gang,

Love my 2013 R3T even though it’s put up for the winter (-14 wc today).

I managed to put on 150 miles or so last weekend. Love it so far.
I love how the R3T handles in slow maneuvers.
On the Rocket I'm much more at ease than on my Gold Wing in general.
It's amazing.

Have a few newbie questions:

I have a Sears lift I use on my other bikes.
Can I make this lift work on my Rocket Touring for cleaning wheels and oil changes
with no cradle frame?
How?

What are some opinions on the larger vented Clearview shields? I like the look of the summer screen but like to be able to change out for longer rides

Is the bucket single seat lower than the standard touring seat?
Also would like to install a backrest at some point. Can I use a Utopia?
Or just the OEM set up.

Don't mean to be windy. Hope this is posted in the right place.
Thanks,

Hey Gang,

Love my 2013 R3T even though it’s put up for the winter (-14 wc today).

I have a Sears lift I use on my other bikes.
Can I make this lift work on my Rocket Touring for cleaning wheels and oil changes
with no cradle frame?
How?

Thanks,

Yes, The bike is ass heavy so you need to use something to raise back higher than front. Skip was selling a set of brackets that worked and if you search there were drawings ofthe brakcets and at least 1 other solution.

Hi if you find a vented screen like a gold wing that would be great, l have not been able to find one. Triumph have a seat with back rest that works quite well. l have a bike lift, but the back end is heaver than the front so you have to put a prop on the bar behind the back wheel.

Clearview makes one for the R3T. I have had one on my 2007 R3 Classic and on my 2012 Harley Road Glide. I will probably be getting one as well for my new R3T, you have to use the "fixings"(as Triumph calls them) from your current wind shield.

The Utopia would probably be the cheaper way to go. If you get the Triumph back rest I believe you have to "invest" in the Long Haul Touring dual seat. Corbin makes one (maybe) for a single solo seat but that backrest is not adjustable but you can order the seat with "heat"...I would imagine it would look similar to the heated solo seat I had on the Thunderbird (pics in my photo album).

Back