Newbie here....forward control opinions

Mudbug

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3
Hi, I am new to the Rocket 3 although I have been riding for 45 yrs. My question is how effective is the aftermarket forward controls for taller riders like myself 6' 5"? I have a 05 Standard and find that I cannot get comfortable with the footpeg position. Any advise before I purchase would be helpful.

Most of what I've seen or heard of is either custom fabricated or quite pricey aftermarket goodies that often require modification to fit your ergonomics..

Are you using pegs or floorboards?

Easiest relief is floorboards (Triumph OEMs are the longest, I believe) and front dresser (crash) bars with adjustable footpegs mounted onto them.

I'm just a little taller than you and also had trouble getting comfortable on my old Standard because the stock pegs rocked me back on my tail bone and control placement meant any freeway pegs had to be mounted too high to be of any real use.
I now have a '10 Roadster which moves the pegs back. Believe it or not I found this more comfortable and it allowed me to mount freeway pegs low enough on my crash bars to be of real use when I want to stretch out. Works well for me.
Maybe mounting floorboards from a Classic or Touring would work for you?
Does anyone even make forward controls for the Rocket??

Oh yeah, welcome!

Back