newbie from REDCAR in North Yorkshire (next to the river Tees )

aprillakilla

.020 Over
Ride
06 Rocket
hi there
this is a resume' of my current riding !!
bought the Rocket from Darlington in 2016
it is a Roadster version on an 06 plate
it now has a Ramair induction system with a 3into1 exhaust , the original headers with a reducer that goes straight into a Mivv end pipe. it was tuned by John Warrington at Malton North Yorkshire.
it was a bit 'lumpy' but since the tune - brilliant pulls like a train now ( no restrictions on the lower gears at all now )
got a set of Avon's on about 2500 miles ago( better than the metz that were on when bought in my opinion)
still not happy with the front brake
i've tried the follwing: new fluid , new master cylinder rubber's, different brake pads, original pads (don't no what they were) Goldfren , EBC HH , & Bendix (as yet untested)
but the lever has tooo much travel on 1st application ( back to the bars !!) but if i use them frequently eg in town they're ok ???????
i always stop & ask 1st but i've tried loads of Rockets with MOST having the same problem but not so much with newer bikes maybe the ABS has something good to do with the problem ????

welcome from arizona
when i first got my bike i would drive with a couple of fingers on the grip and the others on the brake then something happen and i could no longer apply the brake cause it would squeeze my fingers. may be something in the upper brake cyl.

I have no issues with my front brake on my 2015 R3T. Sounds like you are mechanically inclined, but it sure sounds like air in the system to me. Bleeding these systems can be a royal pain. I also find the simplest solution is normally the case. My go to pads on my bikes have always been EBC HH, but at 4800 miles I have not had a reason to change mine yet.

Here is a thread from the RAT forum on it.

Spongy brake lever - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

hi there
it now has a Ramair induction system with a 3into1 exhaust , the original headers with a reducer that goes straight into a Mivv end pipe. it was tuned by John Warrington at Malton North Yorkshire.
it was a bit 'lumpy' but since the tune - brilliant pulls like a train now ( no restrictions on the lower gears at all now )
got a set of Avon's on about 2500 miles ago( better than the metz that were on when bought in my opinion)
i've tried the follwing: new fluid , new master cylinder rubber's, different brake pads, original pads (don't no what they were) Goldfren , EBC HH , & Bendix (as yet untested)
but the lever has tooo much travel on 1st application ( back to the bars !!) but if i use them frequently eg in town they're ok ???????
i always stop & ask 1st but i've tried loads of Rockets with MOST having the same problem but not so much with newer bikes maybe the ABS has something good to do with the problem ????
The Roadster never came out until 2010 so if you have an 06 bike then you have just got a R3 Standard with no ABS.....the Roadster is easily identified as it has black fork legs / fuel gauge and gear indicator located in rev counter / ABS rings on both wheels ....MASSIVE stock bazooka cans / foot controls located 4” further back

hi there
Hi and welcome aboard from Sunny Essex in the Uk

I'm sure someone has told you a 06 is not a Roadster its a Rocket lll
I have a 06 and my front brake lever will go right back to bar if I pull it hard when stationary .
but I have not had any problem stopping it when riding it always seems to have enough brake .
But I have just fitted some Hel stainless pipes and replaced the fluid but not had the chance to test as the weathers been rubbish down here
I was also going to replace the pads in hope that new thicker pads would reduce the lever travel
I'll post something when I test them

hi there

Hi Welcome from a very cold Worcestershire ,had the same problem with my 06, lever virtually back to the bars ,new HEL brake hoses (separate hoses no T piece ) and Pretec calipers sorted that problem ,still using the original master cylinder so that was not part of the original problem .
Enjoy the best rocket forum by far ,the knowledge on this site is invaluable and a nice collection of like minded souls.
Happy safe riding new year all

Back