newbee rocketeer . . already need help!

JohnPanter

.020 Over
Sutton in Ashfield (5 minutes from J28 M1
Ride
2004 Rocket supercharged,Hayabusa, GL1800
rightview.jpg
Drove my '04'supercharged rocket home last night. 240 miles on motorway grinning right up till the M1 turnoff . . when I rolled the throttle off for the roundabout. Revs stayed at about 2500-3000, until I pulled clutch in to slow down. Understand this may be crankshaft sensor (checked and was spotlessly clean). Now going to have to buy a TPS to try that. Anyone got any other ideas? Also would like to find an experienced midlands based tuner with rocket knowledge to try sort it out; not a big fan of dealers - they are at work to make maximum money

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've some ideas as you mention the TPS. If you got the bike home, get a cable from Lonelec, download the TuneECU software and run some diagnostics. Good luck.

wd 40 all the return springs before u start roll open the throttle and let it snap back a few times.
+1 on spraying the stepper motor and flipping on ign a couple of times to let it work.
do throttle cables have slack?

rightview.jpg
Drove my '04'supercharged rocket home last night. 240 miles on motorway grinning right up till the M1 turnoff . . when I rolled the throttle off for the roundabout. Revs stayed at about 2500-3000, until I pulled clutch in to slow down. Understand this may be crankshaft sensor (checked and was spotlessly clean). Now going to have to buy a TPS to try that. Anyone got any other ideas? Also would like to find an experienced midlands based tuner with rocket knowledge to try sort it out; not a big fan of dealers - they are at work to make maximum money

WELCOME!
Engine cut-out at near closed throttle was a huge PITA. Twas SOLVED WITH a new TPS. Started again two day ago and I was pissed! Cooled off after discovering my battery ground was loose.

oooh very nice bike, I had been keeping an eye on it while it was for sale. Whays it go like with the supercharger on it compared to your busa?

Back