New Years Day Ride

Tbone

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster 2008 Not So Standard 2006 Carpenter
It got up to around 65 degrees on New Years Day here in NC and I joined up with some of the H-D riders for a ride and every time we stopped some of the guys who had rode with me before were talking about how fast my bike was and other exploits they witnessed while riding with me but all I could see was the non-believers rolling their eyes and kind of yawning. One guy on a VRod said he had seen comparison of R3, VRod and Diavel and said they all seemed pretty equal. Well we were heading to the last stop and we got on the highway I was mid pack with 30 some bikes with VRod directly in front of me and suddenly I started hearing all this noise but not that much forward progress. All the H-D boys had opened it up and I saw a puff of black smoke come out of the VRods pipe, that is when I geared down to 3rd and let her rip. Fortunately the highway had opened up to 4 lanes by this time and I needed that extra lane because by then all I could see was a bunch of headlights 200 yards back in my mirrors. I had to slow down and let everyone pass because I didn't know where we were going(seemed like it took them forever to catch up to me) I joined in at the back of the pack. When we got to the last stop I was the last bike pulling in and suddenly everyone that previously had no interest in this strange to them motorcycle had gathered around with many of them taking pictures and asking questions. I just rolled my eyes and yawned, had a beer and left.

Back