New Ulm British & Euro Rallye - New Ulm, Tx

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Figured I would start a thread on this... :) Lookin' pretty good!

Got a reply from Jerry Caves, the BMOA President. Sounds like there is plenty of room for camping. If you plan on bringing an RV or such, need to make reservations early. I asked that because I thought about bringing my RV/horse trailer.. and if any others were thinking about RVs.
The phone number for New Ulm Fireman's Park is 979-992-3322

Here's his reply:

Hello David:
Thanks for your inquiry about the New Ulm Rally. Yes, there is camping in the park. The Fireman's Park has bathrooms, showers and 11 RV parking hook ups. The RV parking does fill up and I would suggest getting your reservations in early. We'll be opening the park up shortly after noon on Friday, May 16th. There's a Fun Run, Field Events, Saturday night BBQ and a Bike Show Sunday. A lot of people bring bikes, parts and misc. stuff to sell.
Looking forward to having the Rocket lll riders at the Rally.
Look Dan and I up when you get there.
Thanks,

Jerry Caves
President
British Motorcycle Owners Association

At looks like atleast a few of us will have our wives with us on this trip, which, for the most part means hotels... :) There are three cities within 20+ miles of New Ulm, La Grange, Brenham, and Columbus. Brenham has Blue Bell ice cream!.. :)

Brenham Best Western is probably the best hotel with decent rates and rooms available at $89 a night.

La Grange River Valley Inn has rooms available between $45-$55 a night.

I vote for the Brenham Best Western as probably the best bet for comfort. If it were just myself, I could do with a tent and sleeping bag as long as I have a shower to get clean.. :)
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/selectHotel.do

If enough people agree.. I can call and try and block off 4 or 5 rooms???

Last edited:
I would say just throw some cot's in the back of the horse trailer and lets go.
But the best Western in Brenham would be all right too I guess.
As of righ now we are in..

well,
that makes four rockets howling down the road to new ulm from brenham! now that's gonna be cool....... thanks Dave! :D me and roni will be there .... fri night sounds

good for us.:) see ya there.

greg

Yee Haa

A rocket convoy.
I was just informed by a coworker who lives in Ulm we can camp in his back yard if we wanted. He has a few acres 8 miles from town. He use to ride a HOG and will give good local roads to ride for fun.

That sounds great too. Great guy to offer us his yard to camp in, and only 8 miles from town.. I am up for camping and my wife is fine with camping also. If the general consensus is still the Brenham Best Western though, I'll call and see about some rooms there. Our choices are Brenham Best Western or Paul's friend' yard.. Will definitely need to reserve rooms soon though.

A rocket convoy.
I was just informed by a coworker who lives in Ulm we can camp in his back yard if we wanted. He has a few acres 8 miles from town. He use to ride a HOG and will give good local roads to ride for fun.

very nice gesture

ok,
what's goin down here? the backyard sounds good...... but,

is the bro that is offering, going to let every one use the house bathroom? how much are we gonna put this bro out ? just want to make sure it's ok to do this. cause it can be hard on a generous coworker that makes such a nice gesture. you're looking at a lot of vehicles, and people,on this guys property. which would be a real cool time for us,and him, if the place is big enough. i'm not being a basher,just trying to look at the logistics involved in this situation......

greg

Last edited:
Back