Alain is constantly improving and adding features - Usually to suit new ECU's - Tune ECU is not just for Triumph R3's.

Only Alain and maybe Tom will know for sure. Some years ago I had a reasonable interchange of info with Tom. Basically he said - If Alain has upgraded - do so too.

I guess that also answers the question I had. Should I use the 2.3.2 edition I used for my 07 Classic or download a new version for my 09 Touring? The thing is, I know the present version works.

I noticed the other day the newest version of TuneECU is 2.5.8. Can anyone tell us what is different and how the changes improve it ?

Alain is constantly improving and adding features - Usually to suit new ECU's - Tune ECU is not just for Triumph R3's.

Only Alain and maybe Tom will know for sure. Some years ago I had a reasonable interchange of info with Tom. Basically he said - If Alain has upgraded - do so too.

I guess that also answers the question I had. Should I use the 2.3.2 edition I used for my 07 Classic or download a new version for my 09 Touring? The thing is, I know the present version works.

I had an earlier version on a laptop that got wiped. Just downloaded the latest version today and tried it out. I was able to save the current tune and upload a new one. I cannot run any of the tests. If anyone has an earlier version I would appreciate if you could share it.

Don't ever worry about upgrading TuneECU, if the version you have works, the new one will as well, and may do new party tricks too!

Interesting, I just tried 2.5.8 and when it connected all of the tests and diagnostics options were greyed out. I thought it was maybe because my battery was tired as I had trouble reading the tune off the bike.

Possibly....TuneECU knows that the ECU can be badly knackered if you try to address it with low voltage. It may not even answer a request to read when volts are lacking.

Well, I'm a bit confused but hopefully not too much. Billy from Indiana sent me two tunes, both which I'll try after I install my TORs. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a bit confused but hopefully not too much. Billy from Indiana sent me two tunes, both which I'll try after I install my TORs. Looking forward to it.

Mike,
Set your motor up as you like and then get thee to Nels at Two Wheel Dyno Works in Kirkland!
Let me know & I'll go with.

Back