New Triumph Dealer in Birmingham Al., but old one in Decator lost dealership.

slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
Allsports in Decator, AL. dropped Triumph because Triumph North America has new requirements for their dealerships. The good news is BMW of Birmingham has picked up Triumph and added lots of clothing in their store. Sweet!!! I found out when Allsports sent me a dear john letter saying they are no longer a dealer.

Birmingham dealer closed his doors. Now Cycle Nation, a Meteric dealer in Huntsville, Al. has Triumph/BMW. They happily put on Darkside rear tires. No questions. They are use to it from doing Goldwings.

Wonder what were the new rules that they had to go

I was thinking the same.

Even a small dealer could promote the right Triumph philosophy, if they had good mechanics and had good reputation in the local area, I'd much prefer a small family business over car salesmen being brought into flashy new showrooms.

Maybe the larger dealers with big turnover are in a better position to subsidise some of the warranty work when things go wrong.

While picking up a bag and some highway pegs at Allsport, I was told that Triymph was going to force them to take a certain number of all models instead of them just getting what they needed and wanted. Therefore Allsport dropped Triumph. At least that was their side to me. They did say they would be happy to order accessories for us.

Meanwhile, in Finland, the local (tiny) dealer was dropped because it was demanded of them to have a large set of bikes in stock. That was unrealistic for a shop that small, and so a great shop with great mechanics can no longer sell Triumphs or service the new bikes coming out (no longer getting the Triumph-specific software etc). Kind of silly for Triumph to make such demands.

Sounds like they are trying to encourage dealers to push their product in the US. Remember, the upper management in Triumph North America use to work at HD. I know, for me, my biggest complaint with Triumph Dealers was not being able to find a R3T in the showrooms when I was looking for new. I don't know how many bikes I've bought because it was on the floor and the sales man convinced me how he could help me afford the payments. I totally get it. As far as bigger dealers go, I expect they can better handle slower sales of the European bikes with the higher volume metric bikes and 4 wheelers and watercraft.

My pet peeve is dealers that sell several brands but don't have enough space to show all the models. If you are looking for a bike that is not the most popular model it becomes difficult to see one in person.

Update from the new dealer. Triumph is asking all dealers to have at least one of each model they sell on the floor. Allsport in Decatur preferred to just request the ones they felt they could move.

Back