rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
How many people would like to see a new rocket 3 that is set up for 2 up touring.
Wants: Hardbags, not some soft bags with zippers.
Windscreen of modest size or a fairing that does not look like a Harley fairing.
Seats for both driver and passenger that are comfortable so you do not have to immediately go aftermarket for new ones.
I don't need a radio but gps would be nice.
Of course cruise and heated grips but I believe the new bikes have this.
A trunk that can be removed when you don't want it.
I just feel the grand touring 2020 rocket does not look much like a grand tourer to me.

@rocketbill I do. My perfect new R3T would start where the original R3T left off. Add the heat grips and cruise control and I am happy. I would even go for a real tourpack for a top trunk.

The new bike would need a full redesign to fit that bill and would look nothing like the one out now. I don’t understand the real need for all that power to putt around the country expecting a lot of comfort features. There are other bikes that already do that very well. I’m sure the Misses does not need to be terrified all day using all that torque and HP.:p

This new bike is not even trying to be a real touring bike. The name GT is very loosely applied to the 2020 Rocket.:rolleyes:

Add the shad boxes

upload_2020-3-17_15-33-53.jpeg

Last edited:
The new bike would need a full redesign to fit that bill and would look nothing like the one out now. I don’t understand the real need for all that power to putt around the country expecting a lot of comfort features. There are other bikes that already do that very well. I’m sure the Misses does not need to be terrified all day using all that torque and HP.:p

This new bike is not even trying to be a real touring bike. The name GT is very loosely applied to the 2020 Rocket.:rolleyes:

I see your point Mel, maybe they should just keep making the R3T with the upgrades I mentioned above and have an option for those who want a front cowling.
On the other hand, why can't we have the extra stock power and be comfortable cruising the byways?
I guess I don't see why having an actual Touring is a bad thing for either the Ricket or Triumph in general. I know I caught a lot of negative stuff from a new guy a few weeks ago because my opinion is Triumph would make a new R3T in the future. He was quite upset that I would suggest such a thing. I don't get why we can't get along on that point, that some of us like the R3T more than say any Harley. That's want I was told to go to if all I want is a barcalounger. :-(

Last edited:
@RobWhi I have not used the Shad system before. I recently had a VIP top box but took it off as I can carry more stuff in a soft bag I already had. My R3T panniers seem to carry a lot of stuff but at times I do wish they were wider. With that said, as long as they fit my lunch box, which they do, I am okay.
I ride my bike year round and at some point, I will add another bike to the stable.

Back