new to tuneecu

markc

Buckkwheat
Ride
07 r3 classic
Will be using an old laptop with win. xp on it. what do i need to download from tuneecu to be ready to go when my cable gets here. bought a lonelec lezbtuneecu cable." Tune ecu kkl interface cable for triumph motorcycles". also comes with an adapter for android phones. 07 classic.

thanks
MarkC

Will be using an old laptop with win. xp on it. what do i need to download from tuneecu to be ready to go when my cable gets here. bought a lonelec lezbtuneecu cable." Tune ecu kkl interface cable for triumph motorcycles". also comes with an adapter for android phones. 07 classic.

thanks
MarkC
Watching this thread very close as i spent half a day today trying to get my laptop running Windows 10 to connect to ecu with a real lonelec interface...had it working fab on my Android phone so can work it out..

IDK about the windows version as I use android app which from what I understand is much easier. It has to do with downloading a driver on the windows computer to read the cable. search for other threads on that. there are some on this forum for sure.

I also believe there is something on the TuneEcu website about downloading that driver for windows.

Watching this thread very close as i spent half a day today trying to get my laptop running Windows 10 to connect to ecu with a real lonelec interface...had it working fab on my Android phone so can work it out..
OK - Here I'll proffer that you'll need to use "compatability mode" in Windows.

HEHEHEHEHE windows 10 is a big piece oh crap, wind back to windows 7 and you should have no drama, windows 10 has to be manipulated into driver working, I have not had so much luck as yet, free update with no drama my ARSE..... ****EN MICROSOFT......

do i need to download D2xx drivers since I will be using win. xp?

I'll be trying out TuneECU soon and was also wondering if I need to download any drivers? I ordered the cable from Lonelec so I should be good there.
Was really glad to read about using XP, as I also was going to use a 10" laptop that's running XP. Glad I hung onto this all these years now. Especially since I was just recently thinking of trashing it since I don't really use it for anything anymore.
Also, my notebook that I am going to use does not tell me if it a 32 or 64 bit when I check properties on "My Computer". So I'll assume it 32 since its old.
And how am I supposed to know which FTDI driver to download since there are multiple ones that are listed for XP? And from what I've read I shouldn't use the one that comes with my Lonelec cable, is that correct??

Last edited:
my little 10 inch laptop I use for tuning runs Win XP no dramas
Trying to get a connection between my Samsung TAb A and ECU - I have done all the necessary prep - Lonelec cable, headlight fuse out, kill switch ON, on a tender. For some reason it will never hook up - tried about 12 times and finally gave up. I tried a windows 10 laptop with an off brand cable previously - had the same issues, returned that cable and ordered the real one...I can't figure out what isn't working

Back