New to this forum. Pre-Purchase question?

Buzz

Standard Bore
Ride
HD Ultra Limited
Thinking of purchasing the 2022 Rocket 3 GT. I'm sure the question was asked in the past but I couldn't find the thread.
I know the 2500 cc R3 is relatively new but my main concern is reliability. Did anyone had an opportunity put some serious mile on their bikes?
If so, please share your experience with reliability, maintenance issues and/or any other objective criticism. Thank you in advance for your time.

My 2020 is two years old and quite a few miles, can’t recall, and no issues at all. The motor seems very reliable.

My only criticism is rear tires wear out quickly. That much power just twists the rubber away.;)😆

The motor design hasn't changed much since introduction in 2004. Upgrades made were a bump in displacement, exhaust, fuel injection system, swingarm and frame, suspension and cosmetics. I believe IDK put over 200,000 miles on his old bike before selling it. I had over 50K on my 05 Rocket before trading it sans any engine problems. I would surmise it's as reliable as achievable after 20 years of development.

The motor design hasn't changed much since introduction in 2004. Upgrades made were a bump in displacement, exhaust, fuel injection system, swingarm and frame, suspension and cosmetics. I believe IDK put over 200,000 miles on his old bike before selling it. I had over 50K on my 05 Rocket before trading it sans any engine problems. I would surmise it's as reliable as achievable after 20 years of development.
I disagree about motor design changes. The new bikes starting in 2020 have a completely different motor. I don’t think even one part on the bikes is interchangeable.

Thinking of purchasing the 2022 Rocket 3 GT. I'm sure the question was asked in the past but I couldn't find the thread.
I know the 2500 cc R3 is relatively new but my main concern is reliability. Did anyone had an opportunity put some serious mile on their bikes?
If so, please share your experience with reliability, maintenance issues and/or any other objective criticism. Thank you in advance for your time.
I've only had my 2021 for a couple weeks but researched a little the same concern "reliability" I wasn't able to find any repeatable disaster stories for what that is worth. Most of the complaints seemed to be centered around the key FOB.

Back