New to the Forum and headed to Sturgis

raymond braswell

Turbocharged
My name is Raymond Braswell and I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I have ridden a variety of Triumph's since I was 14 including one I kept and restored, a 1968 Triumph TR6 Trophy Model. I purchased my Rocket III last winter and have been riding constantly since it turned warm. In two weeks I am riding with my 'Harley' buddies to Sturgis for the first time. It took me about 6 months to really get comfortable with this beast at high speeds in turns, but now I am one with this incredible machine. Need to install a gas gauge vs. the idiot light, and not real happy with the leather bags. But other than that I love this bike. Anyone else with a Rocket riding to Sturgis?

Leaving San Antonio, TX on Aug 3rd.. :) Heading up to OK City to meet a couple of Harley buddies, then over to Colorado Springs, then up to Sturgis.. :)

That is great that you kept the TR6! I got my first motorcycle license on a Triumph 500 chopper at 15 years old.. :), and have worked on and ridden Triumphs off and on every since. Sure wish I would have kept one of them around!

Hi Raymond and welcome. Good to see another one from KC. There are five of us on here from the area. We'll have to plan another get together.

I also have a vintage scooter in the garage however it hasn't recieved too much attention since the Rocket has joined it.

Raymond.......glad to have you with us and especially since you're in K.C. Hope you'll bring back some good pictures of the "Chinese Fire Drill" up in Sturgis. Sounds like a great trip!

I had a faulty indicator light for the fuel so I put on the fuel gauge. Trouble is it gets its reading from the electronic sensor. After two attempts to recalibrate the light to go on at 1 gallon remaining, Triumph sent a new sensor. Now when my gauge reads empty I've got 2 gallons left. I can live with that.

I took the bags off, they're now in Australia and put on Corbin Beetle bags and have never looked back since.

Maybe we can get all the K.C. bikes together for a ride.

Good show Raymond,another thumper never hurt.Especially this one:D.I can't get up this time but will next year.Have a great time.

Wow!!! Another KC Boy!!

Welcome Raymond!!! Please... join us for one of our BBQ get togethers.... we have a great time.....

We will have to start a KC Rocket club:D

Tomo

Welcome Raymond. Good autobio BTW.

This is supposedly an innernational... ooops... international forum, you see. Believe it or not, we even have a few members outside of Missouri:D .

Hey, am just tryin' to tag along. If you can attend the KC reunion, a round of beer is on "not-exactly-next-door" yours truly. Will settle the bill via PM with Tomo or Brian. Serious:bch: .

Jamie

Back