Chesterossi

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3
Hello all from Melbourne Australia

I am looking at buying a 2010 Rocket 3 that has done 26,000km on the weekend and wondered if there was anything special I need to check for other than the normal tyre wear, pad wear etc.

The tank matt paint appears to be a little worn, so I am hoping so matt paint cleaner and polish will get this out, but other than that from the images it looks stunning.

Are there any major issues with the 2010 model that I should check with the previous owner please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly, Rob

Hello Rob and welcome from Virginia.

The 2010 and newer have no really big issues to worry about. If the bike has high miles then it should be good. (My 2014 has 72K miles)

Make sure you quiz the seller about any and all upgrades made. Common things are improved air intake, (ensure the foam is in good shape if done), exhaust (usually any is an improvement) ask about what "map" is in the ECU(it needs to correspond to new intake/exhaust). OEM tires (tyres for you Rob) were poor on mileage and usually only last 5K miles. Most here have went with either Bridgestone Exedra Maxes, or Cobras.

You will enjoy the beast more than I can write in words. Good luck with the purchase and give us pictures when you get it home.

Hi Rob.

Welcome fromacross the ditch Christchurch New Zealand.

With so little ks on the bike it will be like brand new.

Enjoy your new ride.

Thanks for the replies, I was scaring myself with thoughts of detent springs, popping out of 4th, false neutrals, wiring issues and rectifier issues, and then I thought any bike could get these but not just any bike will put a smile on your dial like this...…..I'm in

Thanks for the replies, I was scaring myself with thoughts of detent springs, popping out of 4th, false neutrals, wiring issues and rectifier issues, and then I thought any bike could get these but not just any bike will put a smile on your dial like this...…..I'm in

Hello Rob, and welcome aboard. I'm next door to you, about 1,000 kms or so.

One problem with sites like this is that people naturally enough tend to beef about problems, and this can scare you off. But as well as that, there are all the people who do not have problems but rarely say so. Most of these bikes have done lots of miles and never missed a beat.

Are you buying from a dealer or privately?

Hello Rob, and welcome aboard. I'm next door to you, about 1,000 kms or so.

One problem with sites like this is that people naturally enough tend to beef about problems, and this can scare you off. But as well as that, there are all the people who do not have problems but rarely say so. Most of these bikes have done lots of miles and never missed a beat.

Are you buying from a dealer or privately?
Private sale, but he assures me its full service history with Triumph.

Welcome from Utah USA. Sounds like a good deal if the price is right! Good luck and have fun!

Back