Camptc

.060 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring
Hi All,

I just joined R3 owners because I've purchased a 2010 R3T! Beautiful bike with a lot of comfort built in stock. I rode a Boulevard M50 before, so the bike is a massive upgrade in size and power. I've put about 2500 miles on it since the end of March. I'm starting to look into little tweaks and upgrades that can be done to the bike. I'd like to get a little more noise out of it, swap for a better air intake, add additional fogs and probably add a fairing to the beast. I haven't done any long rides (>300 miles) on it yet, but I'm anxious to test it out over the road. I posted a thread a couple of days ago about debaffling stock touring pipes on the R3T. If anyone has info/directions/photos, they would be much appreciated!

Tyler

Attachments

• Triumph.jpeg
    Triumph.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1
Hello Camptc and welcome from VA. I was just in Columbia last weekend on my R3T. You have lots of good riding in Middle TN. A slight increase in sound can be had by swapping TORs exhaust for your OEM pipes. They look the same but increase sound slightly. The new tune on the CPU will increase power enough to feel the difference in the seat of your pants...

Welcome from one of many Aussies here, you will find that there is very little you can ask that someone on here cannot answer as far as debaffling you would be better of to just a set a TORS and crossover pipe

Welcome from Germany (by way of Mississippi)!
Different pipes would be my recommendation. There's a few options out there so you can find the sound you want.

I'm really not looking to drop $500 on TORS, or $700-$1000 on D&D, Jardine, Raask, etc... hence the debaffling route. Are you all saying that debaffling doesn't produce any difference in sound, or that it's too difficult to do? I haven't found where many people have tried it. And yes, Mid TN is excellent for riding. I just moved from Pittsburgh area and can't believe the options around here. Gotta love it!

Welcome aboard. Risk with de-baffling is that if/when it's too loud you'll be springing for TORs anyway and won't have your stock pipes any more. Pretty sure 1 or 2 on here have done it.

Hi All,

I just joined R3 owners because I've purchased a 2010 R3T! Beautiful bike with a lot of comfort built in stock. I rode a Boulevard M50 before, so the bike is a massive upgrade in size and power. I've put about 2500 miles on it since the end of March. I'm starting to look into little tweaks and upgrades that can be done to the bike. I'd like to get a little more noise out of it, swap for a better air intake, add additional fogs and probably add a fairing to the beast. I haven't done any long rides (>300 miles) on it yet, but I'm anxious to test it out over the road. I posted a thread a couple of days ago about debaffling stock touring pipes on the R3T. If anyone has info/directions/photos, they would be much appreciated!

Tyler
Hello Camptc from south Texas and welcome. With a little work and time you can modify HD mufflers stock or aftermarket to fit. as for the driving lights I had put up a post for the touring group about a bulb change from 35w to 100w each still have had no problems lenses are glass and wiring is up to par. I also suggest wrapping exhaust lightly so chrome covers can be put back on. Stay on two and ride when you can.

Welcome Tyler From The quite Aussie ,in my opinion you would be better off waiting for a set of TORS to turn up ,if you butcher your stock pipes there is no going back ,TORS will give you a nice deep note and they don't even get a glance from MR Plod as they look original,plenty of posts on here about R3T mods ,The CES exhaust systems are fantastic and if you get cashed up something like that would be the best.

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida. I also moved up to my R3T from a Boulevard (C90) and you're going to be AMAZED at the difference. The R3T is the best bike I've ever owned - I hope your experience is the same.

Back