Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Well I'm not proud but I have become a trailer person. I've always looked down my nose at trailer people but with most of the RAA's taking place a long way from where I live I figured it was time. The enclosed trailer I rented to go to Leaky (a Haulmark knockoff) took my car down to 10 miles to the gallon. I bought this one on eat-me-bay and drove down to South Carolina to pick it up. Got about 16 mpg pulling it home at 75+ mph. It's made by Luxe-Ryder. It's supposed to hold two full dress Harleys. The top half tilts up. It has air ride with onboard compressor. You flip a switch and it does the low rider thing and squats down to make loading easier. Has a powered lift wheel in the front to lift it off the tow vehicle. Diamond plate floor, and LED lights. It pulls like a dream. You can barley tell it's back there. The guy I bought it from used to have a first year Rocket III that he bought new. Small world ! Ya I noticed the fenders are kinda Harleyesque :rolleyes:

PICT2520.JPG
PICT2521.JPG

RS

I think you miss spoke when you said no trees were harmed .....I see a TON of dead and dying leaves...every where

Be sure to place a tall poll next to your new toy...so you can find it later.....

I just wish I had a few of those leaves....But I know how much you would hate to part with any of them....;)

That is an awesome bike hauler.....for sure

RS

I think you miss spoke when you said no trees were harmed .....I see a TON of dead and dying leaves...every where

Be sure to place a tall poll next to your new toy...so you can find it later.....

I just wish I had a few of those leaves....But I know how much you would hate to part with any of them....;)

That is an awesome bike hauler.....for sure

I am kind of attached to them but being a generous sort you can have as many as you like ! Hoping to get out there tomorrow and start cleaning them up. Kind of a PITA but it's only once a year. Gets me off my arse and out in the fresh air !

Speaking of trailers.....can someone tell me the height of the Rocket 3 Roadster to the top of the mirrors? The specs say 45.8" without the mirrors. The reason I ask is that I will finally be picking up my new R3R in three weeks and I will have to trailer it home....snow. I have the opportunity to acquire a cargo trailer with a ramp door for a great deal but the only thing that worries me is the height of the opening. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Well I'm not proud but I have become a trailer person. I've always looked down my nose at trailer people but with most of the RAA's taking place a long way from where I live I figured it was time. The enclosed trailer I rented to go to Leaky (a Haulmark knockoff) took my car down to 10 miles to the gallon. I bought this one on eat-me-bay and drove down to South Carolina to pick it up. Got about 16 mpg pulling it home at 75+ mph. It's made by Luxe-Ryder. It's supposed to hold two full dress Harleys. The top half tilts up. It has air ride with onboard compressor. You flip a switch and it does the low rider thing and squats down to make loading easier. Has a powered lift wheel in the front to lift it off the tow vehicle. Diamond plate floor, and LED lights. It pulls like a dream. You can barley tell it's back there. The guy I bought it from used to have a first year Rocket III that he bought new. Small world ! Ya I noticed the fenders are kinda Harleyesque :rolleyes:

PICT2520.JPG
PICT2521.JPG

Damm straight, RS!
I hail from the 49th parallel area as well and think you be on the money with that fine ass trailer.
Although the "powered lift wheel in the front" is pushing the woosie envelope a tad. :D

Back