New to me 2007....anything to address immediately?

toolittletime

.020 Over
Ride
Moto Guzzis
Hi Gang,
Just picked up this 2007 Rocket and am looking for any advice on common issues. Did a nice test ride, then rode the bike about 50 miles or so from Boise up Hwy 55. The only thing I saw immediately , and before purchase, was the tires. I plan on replacing them next week, and will go to the darkside on the back tire, since this Rocket will soon become my sidecar tug. When I start that build I will post the link here of the build on adv rider.
Are there any immediate issues that come to mind with a 2007 with 11,000 miles, that I might want to address sooner than later. I have read about the headlight relay, and will fix that with a fuse block that I will add for the sidecar, and a stebel horn.

Has recent oil change
New battery
I own several Moto Guzzis, so I am automatically a motorcycle mechanic (Ha)....but seriously, I do all my own wrenching.
Anything pop to mind that I should address?
Also hope I have posted this in the correct section.

Thanks.........Tim
r.7.jpg
r.6.jpg

Beautiful bike!!

I replaced the vacuum lines on my 2006, like any rubber parts they go bad with time. Get Tune ECU and sync the throttle bodies and check the TPS.

Hello again Tim, looks like you scored a beautiful bike.

I suspect this bike has set for long period of time without being run, therefore, inspect all seals and gaskets you can see easily for any sing of seeping or leaking. You have the black engine so some of the early model issues were corrected already.

Good luck with the tub and I can't wait to watch the build on this.

Thanks for the kudos folks.
Pulled the rear tire/rim off this afternoon........I have finally realized the meaning of "shade tree mechanic' as I did the job while camping in our toy hauler, behind a friends house. Local tire store agreed to switch out the tires for me, if I bring the rims in. First the rear.......pretty straightforward, and then the front. Also ordered new brake pads, and new air filter. Doing all of this now means I will have a head start on the build when I get back to texas.
Tim

Hi Tim, Welcome from Nampa, Idaho. Will you be in town for a while ? I can help you with some good tips and simple updates and tuning.

I also enjoy Guzzi stuff. I could use some tips from you.

Hi Tim, Welcome from Nampa, Idaho. Will you be in town for a while ? I can help you with some good tips and simple updates and tuning.

I also enjoy Guzzi stuff. I could use some tips from you.
Thanks for the Welcome. I just made the trip on Monday to pick up the bike in Boise......we are staying in Sandpoint.

Took the Hwy 55 road up to Cascade, and then loaded the bike into a uhaul trailer. Tires are original, so didn't want to ride it the 450 miles back home. I also have the 74 Guzzi in my sig along with a 2002 California (sidecar rig)
IMG_7053 (Large).JPG
IMG_7234 (Large).JPG
, and a 2012 Norge. My wife rides a 2018 Speedmaster that she fell in love with last December. Got rid of her Goldwing for the speedmaster. Always glad to talk Guzzi stuff too. My last Triumph was a Bonneville 650 in 1971......wrong side shifter etc.

Will need to build a leading link for the Triumph, similar to the one I built for the Guzzi.

Fun stuff.............Tim

Back