HELBOY

Supercharged
Ride
2005 ROCKET SE
Hi, enjoy reading the forums. I've learned a bit about my R3. I have a 2005 Rocket SE, silver engine, came from the factory with TORS ( no cat box ). Bought the bike used in 2006 with only 2000 miles on it. NO PROBLEMS. I have 9000+ miles on it now, planning to drive to Colorado & Sturgis in one month. This bike runs great, should I be concerned about problems with early Rockets??? I read about paint can rattles, timing chains, valves, etc.....makes me wonder?? I do some maintenance myself, oil & filter, added audi 100 cruise. Travel from Davenport Ia along I80 to Colorado, don't want avoidable problems.

All the naysayers are going to jump on this one and once they are finished you will wish you had never bought the bike.
My biggest concern would be putting some miles on your bike, a 2005 with 9000 miles:mad: I have over 54000miles on my bike and I would not hesitate to take it coast to coast, the 2005 model year was by far the best year for the Rockets so jump on it and enjoy Sturgis.:D

I have an early (July 2004) Rocket with 63,000 miles on it. It had the output shaft bearing recall done before I purchased it but have not had any of the other mecahnical problems others have had. I've had one throttle position sensor replaced, had an issue with the idle stepper motor and I just solved my first real pain of a problem last week ( 3 spark plug wires cracked and sparking everywhere but the plug ) but I have had no mechanical issues at all. A dealer with a competent service department would be nice to have if you run into problems you can's resolve ( I don't have one of those ) but overall, it's been a great bike over the years. Rode it to Sturgis from down here in San Antonio a few years ago with no problems. Hope to get my plug wires soon so I can get her back on the road!..

Welcome to the forum. My '05 has 33,000 trouble free miles on it and you should expect the same. Make sure you're set up to be comfy for long hauls before you leave. I rode my stock bike 500 miles in one Friday and then back on Sunday and felt like a I was road pizza at the end (didn't help it was 100+ degrees in Texas at the time) both ways. Changed to foot boards and Utopia back rest and rode 3000 miles to DC like riding a Lazy-Boy the whole way. Sweeeet!:D

cruise

Amazon.com audiobox 100 automotive criuse control about $100, also buy the vaccum tank $10-$20 see R3 owners site for installation details.

Welcome to the forum. My '05 has 33,000 trouble free miles on it and you should expect the same. Make sure you're set up to be comfy for long hauls before you leave. I rode my stock bike 500 miles in one Friday and then back on Sunday and felt like a I was road pizza at the end (didn't help it was 100+ degrees in Texas at the time) both ways. Changed to foot boards and Utopia back rest and rode 3000 miles to DC like riding a Lazy-Boy the whole way. Sweeeet!:D
Lazy-boy with a 3 second zero to sixty! whats a Utopia back rest?

Welcome aboard HELBOY,
you'll fit right in I'm sure.
problems? Don't worry about it,
just climb on her and thrash the living sh** out of her,
she can take it..
Have fun and welcome to the site.
skip in Oklahoma

Welcome from NW Arkansas. Ride and enjoy. Find a good Triumph shop and have the service department run a search on your serial number to see if there were any recalls on your bike. That way you can find out if there might be any issues. Most recalls or service bulletins were for specific serial number ranges and your bike will fall wherever it does.

Back