Ed Merc

Standard Bore
Ride
07 TR3 classic
Hi everyone. Long time rider. New Rocketeer.

I picked up a 2007 classic about a month ago. It's been great. It's my daily ride. I commute about 55 miles a day on it. Easy highway riding.

This weekend took her out on an adventure with the old lady. Man o man, what a ride. We had our destination about an hours ride away, but I chose to stay off any highway. Little did I know how beautiful and twisty these country roads would be.

For anyone in Central Florida who would be interested in the route, I'd be happy to share. Worlds worst kept secret as there where dozens of other riders enjoying the day on these same back roads.

Keep riding
Ed Merc

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida. Would always like to hear about nice riding roads within a days ride of here (Ft. Lauderdale area).

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida. Would always like to hear about nice riding roads within a days ride of here (Ft. Lauderdale area).

Looks like we have the same color bike. It's a beauty.

Our trip took us from Sanford, FL to Clermont, FL. If you look it up on maps and choose "avoid highways" you'll get directions that take you a great little trip. Lot's of twist and turns. Lot's of hills (rare in Florida). Little to no traffic. Great pastoral views.

Our final destination was Lakeridge Winery. A great place to spend the afternoon listening to live music.

Back