New Rocket Purchase.

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I have to vent.
Last week some of you guys know that I bought a second Rocket Touring. I'm lucky to have found my new ride. Price was great, and the bike has very low miles. My complaint is with my State. Michigan's Secretary of State ran for, and won, under the idea that during the day, walk in visits would be completed in 30 minutes. I guess once you win, following your commitment isn't important.
I tried to walk in to the local S.O.S. office and was told to schedule an appointment. So, I went home and did just that. My earliest date is NOVEMBER 10th. 2020. 2 1/2 months before I can transfer the title, get a plate to ride my motorcycle. Pathetic in any way you look at it! Time to help out a elected official. Vote her out!

I have to vent.
Last week some of you guys know that I bought a second Rocket Touring. I'm lucky to have found my new ride. Price was great, and the bike has very low miles. My complaint is with my State. Michigan's Secretary of State ran for, and won, under the idea that during the day, walk in visits would be completed in 30 minutes. I guess once you win, following your commitment isn't important.
I tried to walk in to the local S.O.S. office and was told to schedule an appointment. So, I went home and did just that. My earliest date is NOVEMBER 10th. 2020. 2 1/2 months before I can transfer the title, get a plate to ride my motorcycle. Pathetic in any way you look at it! Time to help out a elected official. Vote her out!
I agree! This state is being run by a tyrant!

@Chip I have a similar issue in Virginia. I received a Stratoliner from a cousin down in Texas. When I got it here, still in the back of my pickup, I went straight to one of the open DMV offices. They turned me away for not having an appointment. I got my appointment for late August now to get the title in my name.

Meanwhile, I got the new tires on it and state inspected. I carry the signed title from the PO and the bill of sale with me when I ride it. If I do get pulled over, I will simply plead victim status due to C-19 and that the DMV offices are too far behind thus common since says I am doing what I can under the circumstances.

Wow! that is unacceptable. I'm in Florida, just went in last Friday, no lines, bought 8 license tags, (6 motorcycles, one Jeep, and one trailer) took about 15 minutes and $240 for one year tags. So if you can't get the title transferred, do they give you a receipt for your appointment, to show the cops, when you get stopped riding an unregistered motorcycle ??? o_O :eek:🤪

Wow! that is unacceptable. I'm in Florida, just went in last Friday, no lines, bought 8 license tags, (6 motorcycles, one Jeep, and one trailer) took about 15 minutes and $240 for one year tags. So if you can't get the title transferred, do they give you a receipt for your appointment, to show the cops, when you get stopped riding an unregistered motorcycle ??? o_O :eek:🤪
A receipt! No likely. What I have is my email to the S.O.S. It shows my scheduled date. That plus my proof of insurance should keep me out of at ticket. I was on the States web sight for an hour checking each office's schedule. The offices in the larger populations were out past this year!

A receipt! No likely. What I have is my email to the S.O.S. It shows my scheduled date. That plus my proof of insurance should keep me out of at ticket. I was on the States web sight for an hour checking each office's schedule. The offices in the larger populations were out past this year!

Check each morning for a "same day appointment".
I made a September appointment 2 weeks ago, but checked the next day and got in at 9:30 am.

Check each morning for a "same day appointment".
I made a September appointment 2 weeks ago, but checked the next day and got in at 9:30 am.
Thank you for the 24 hour appointment idea. I checked today around 10 am. The closest office had a cancellation for tomorrow ! 3:40 pm. rahoffman2, you have helped me a bunch. Next time your around, give me a call. Love to meet ya!

Back