MikeR1des

FAAFO
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hey all!

I'm Mike, 39, and live in sunny Florida, and just purchased my first Rocket 3. This is my second Triumph (have a '18 Street Triple R) and overall 7th bike. I started off on a '19 Ninja 400, then an '18 R1-S that I had fully race modified and tuned, a pair of 125cc toys (Motrac and Z125 Pro), 2020 MT-09 (race modified and tuned), The aforementioned 765, and now a new to me 2011 Rocket 3 Roadster that only had 11k miles and had a Ramair and Power Commander 5 installed. I've been riding about 3 years and have clocked roughly 60k miles in that time.

I've always loved the idea of the Rocket 3 since I knew about them and I made the mistake of demo riding one at IMS and knew I had to have one. I've been browsing though the forums here and getting loads of ideas and I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions here soon. So far the bike has had zero issues aside from the janky tune it had but I swapped that out. Really looking forward to customization and getting some head turning power out of it and the goal is to modernize the bike as much as possible while maintaining the styling asthetic (mostly).

Aside from working I'm also MikeR1des on the "tiktok" where my girlfriend (she traded her 2020 R6 for a Grom and the Rocket because she knew it was a dreambike of mine and she wants my 765) and I post motorcycle content all the time. Got a fair little following for the antics and a lot of people are hyped for "Nemesis" (the Rocket 3).

I look forward to swapping knowledge with you all and hopefully making some friends and maybe even riding with some of you in the future!

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum from Tucson... and enjoy your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool: Any photos?
-MIG

Welcome. This can be modified quite a bit and still look close to original. This is the group that guided me through a lot of the options and process.

Welcome from sunny North Texas. With year round riding available you won't regret owning the Rock.

Back