New Rocket III owner-Houston,TX

Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello all,

Just purchased a 2012 Rocket III here in Houston with 4600 miles on it.
Got a good deal on it and after I cleaned and detailed it, it looks showroom new.
This bike is amazing and the power delivery is incredible as well as smooth.
Due to it sitting and the low mileage, I need to replace the tires as the front has some cracks.
The Avons and the likes will be about 500 bucks.
I've read where guy's are using the Bridgestone Exedra Max 240 /55 /16 rear and a Bridgestone H50 140 /75 /17 on the front.
Some say that this combo offers better handling along with a much better price.
I'm wondering will this trip the ABS fault with these different sizes?
Any other negative effects?

Thanks, and glad to be a part of the R3 family.

Welcome from south Louisiana.
That combo won't trigger the ABS. If you drop to the 130/75 front with the taller rear it could trigger the light.

Hello from Clear Lake. Don't know about the ABS but the Exedra Max / Michelin Pilot 5 combo works great.

IMG_0313.JPG

Welcome to the family! You'll find lots of discussion on tires; I'm an avid Avon Cobra user myself, but have had good luck with Exedra Max as well...
-MIG

Welcome from Utah. I have an Excedra ready to put on as soon as my rear hits the tread markers. (mine's a 180/70 R16-Touring). Gonna try changing it myself and see how it goes, hopefully before the weather turns cold.
Hope my time and headache of doing that myself saves me some money to add some more BLING! And a Decosse Keyless Ignition.
You will soon see what I mean.:D

Welcome from upstate New York!! If your looking for tires Check out Rocky Mountain Motorsports. they have the best prices I've seen so far. Got my Avon Cobra's for $416.00

Back