New Rocket III owner. Houston Texas area

kcc11

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III Std & 2012 R3R with 240 Carp. kit
Just picked-up a used 2005 Rocket III. I have been riding since the fourth grade; starting with dad's 1968 Puch 250 street bike and went up from there. Had a few bike's in school till wife and kids took all my time and money. Rode a friends HD's for years. He always had three or four at atime. Just got away from it for awhile till my son got a Ninja ZZR600. I started to look at the Harly's Road King and come close but backed out. My son sold the 600 and bought a 2002 Yamaha Warrior with a stage 4 kit. I then bought the warrior from him. What a bike. Fast, handles great looked awesome everyone always thought it was a custom bike. I had it for 1 1/2 years till a turn took me and the warrior out. I'm fine, warrior totaled. Started looking for a bigger bike for two up riding. Goldwing, VTX, Roadstar, M109R and the Rocket III. Test rode them all but the Rocket. Rode it and bought it. This bike is unreal. I think I bought the right bike for me and my wife. She loves it. Sorry for the long intro and hope to see some of you other rides out and about.

Actually... That's a great intro.. :) The Rocket is a great bike. It's an addicting do-it-all bike for me. I've covered 38,000+ awesome miles with my Rocket and it's still always a blast.. I still enjoy just looking it over in the garage.. :)

Of course, if you keep looking at it, you start thing thinking of accessories! "Hey, that exhaust system.. Hey, those mirrors.. Hmmmmm, how 'bout some grips. Hmmmm... is 140 something HP really enough? How can I make even more?.. lol

Welcome Kcc11,

You have to come to the right place for all things R3.

There are several R3 Captains residing in Texas, I recently met four of them at the R3 get together in Arkansas. All of them fine upstanding guys who are excellent company to go riding with.

If you want any of the others who couldn't make to Arkansas to get in touch just post something praising the Democratics or better still rave about Cher and/or post a pic of anything that looks good in yellow.............I can pretty much guarantee they will be in touch shortly afterwards:D

congrats on the new wheels

kcc11, thanks for the note and welcome. Tell us about your bike any mods, color and so forth. I got mine this spring and have no regrets!:D

kcc11 welcome aboard, you won't be disappointed with your choice. I'm right up the road from you on FM1488W.

Bob:D:D

welcome aboard, and hope to meet you at RAA4 next year. Yea, theres alot of texas captains on here and I'm sure you'll hear plenty of banter about which color is fastest (BLACK). Welcome from the great state of Oklahoma. xhdskip

Nice intro kcc11, we like to find out what the other guys are up to around here and sometimes it gets down right animalistic.:eek: How many miles you got on that 05', color, previous mods, and barnyard animal preferences are some things inquiring minds want to know.:D

I also worked my way up the CCs. Yamaha 400 in high school. GSX600R in college. Took a break for a while, more like it took me a while after marriage to convince my wife. Looked at HD Deuce and V-Rod but wanted something different. Also looked at the Warrior and the new Raider, but very happy with my Classic. I don't think I'll outgrow the R3.

PS: I sure like the looks of the Street Triple R, as an everyday commuter.

Back