New rocket 3R special edition picked up

sunny

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R LIMITED EDITION
excuse me for late post,
I picked up rocket 3 R special edition 4 weeks ago.
RAFlYiZ.jpg

I have ran into 2 issues

1 I got a big metal piece in rear tire
I have plugged it and its doing fine but i need a new rear tire now i guess. and I have no triumph dealer in my city, closest one is 200km away.
I am wondering about how to remove the wheel?
what type of stand is required to take the wheel out?
how will i keep the motorcycle stable while/after removing the wheel?

ooIzdw8.png

E5FoG49.jpg

2. how to turn off traction control permanently ? it keeps turning on right after ignition on/off cycle

Thank you

Good morning Sunny. For the tire, I would not worry about the plug. I have ridden tens of thousands of miles with them with nary a failure. I do know others will tell you it is unsafe and the tire must be replaced right away, but what would happen if the plug failed? The tire would run flat again. The side walls of those tires are incredibly well built and tough. Unless you are riding hard in the twisties, you may not even notice it for a few miles.
Now if you have a road damage policy, then go ahead.
I have not removed the tire on one of the new bikes but I can only image the rear is much easier that on mine. That single sided swing arm is a blessing here.
For the lift, I have seen the underside of the new R3s and would think that using the same life most of us do would would fine. You secure the bike to the scissor lift itself. I just did this on my R3T last month.
I am not sure one can turn off the nanny controls you speak of. That is one of the cons I mentioned in my ride report on the new bikes. I took some heat for poo-pooing the electronics control Triumph has added but for me, the are not required nor desired. I do not want to pay the extra cost for them, especially when I cannot turn them off period. They are a risk to me with having one more thing to go wrong that I cannot easily fix at home. I do hope you discover a means to secure the nanny, it may improve the riding experience for many of us.

I HATE flat tires. I've lost count on how many rear punctures I've had. I keep plug kit and compressor in my saddle bag. I think it's the width of the rear tire, and the weight of the Rocket, that causes the problem. Takes a lot, to shove something like that through a tire. I had a bolt once. Hole so big, it let all my "Ride-On" sealant spew out under the fender. Hole too big for any plug. Had to call for a tow. And them tires ain't cheap! 😢

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum from Miami, FL... I've yet to change my own tire...but one day (a reason to aquire more tools!) Enjoy your new Perma-Grin. :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Welcome! When I was buying my bike (same as yours) the salesman was trying to sell me tire insurance, "naw, I'm good", then he told me how much the tires cost to replace. I now have tire insurance. ;)

excuse me for late post,
I picked up rocket 3 R special edition 4 weeks ago.
RAFlYiZ.jpg

I have ran into 2 issues

1 I got a big metal piece in rear tire
I have plugged it and its doing fine but i need a new rear tire now i guess. and I have no triumph dealer in my city, closest one is 200km away.
I am wondering about how to remove the wheel?
what type of stand is required to take the wheel out?
how will i keep the motorcycle stable while/after removing the wheel?

ooIzdw8.png

E5FoG49.jpg

2. how to turn off traction control permanently ? it keeps turning on right after ignition on/off cycle

Thank you
Beauty! Enjoy the beast! Sorry about the tire trouble. That seems like a significant chunk of metal. Get a new tire. Cost pales in comparison to the risk.

Back